Nightmare Scenario for the BCSNCG

mhiggy45

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2010
daytona bch
I was just listening to Brando on sirrus and the scenario was this.....The SEC champion, us, Missouri, comes out of the SECCG with one loss. FSU trips up along the way,Oregon slips up againt UCLA, Stanford or Oregon St. Baylor and the Ohio State Buckeyes are the only two undefeated's left.SEC is locked out and we have a Baylor vs Ohio State NCG.........UUUUgggh.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You could have put Brando in the thread title and saved me a click. ;)

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
Hey guys, if a bunch of undefeated teams fall the remaining undefeated teams have a better chance at playing for the national championship. Who'd have thought?

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Just a reminder, there is a "Nightmare scenario" every year. And, also at this time every year, there's discussion "all eight of these teams could end up undefeated!"
Every year, though, there appears to be a fairly consensus #1 and #2 at the end of the year.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
At this point in the season, anyone can come up with a nightmare scenario for the BCS. It's sort of like imagining a scenario at the start of the year where East Carolina wins it all. The only thing in the way is reality.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
You would think that since he now has his beloved playoff coming to fruition, he could lay off his "fly in the ointment" schtick, but I guess it is automatic for him now.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
SEC is locked out and we have a Baylor vs Ohio State NCG.........UUUUgggh.
Depending on where the 1 loss happens, not sure a 1 loss BAMA, FSU or Oregon doesn't stay ahead of Baylor. To me the nightmare scenario would be Baylor or Texas Tech going undefeated and playing an undefeated MIZZOU. Scalpers would be ....ed, none of those teams travel worth a damn.

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
I tried to listen to Brando's show once but i couldn't stand all the goofy sound effects every 2 seconds.Plus the wanna be John Boy and Billy guy with his annoying laugh.It felt like i was being beat over the head with a hammer.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Regarding Baylor, as I referenced in the other thread, this is a moot point because they aren't going unbeaten.

Yes they are currently 6-0, but in all likelihood haven't even played a team to date that will even make a bowl game (sub .500 K-State and WVU have been their toughest opponents to date). Their five toughest games of the year -- Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, TCU, and Texas -- are all ahead, and the odds of the Bears getting through those five unscathed are somewhere between .01 and .02 percent.

Flashy offense or not, I view this Baylor team about like Mississippi State a year ago. They do get an added benefit that the Big XII isn't near as tough as the SEC was for MSU a year ago, but that reprieve alone isn't going to get them to 12-0. Someone, somewhere will get them, and two or three losses would be no surprise.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.