Tennessee vs Alabama (Edit: UT fan's perspective)

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: Tennessee vs Alabama

awhile back I was reading a Vol Football board regarding our 2009 showdown.
at that time, Bama under CNS was 2-0 vs. Tennessee already.
one poster said something to the effect that if Tenn didn't win the 09' game, be prepare to have Saban and Alabama dominate the series for years to come.
how prophetic he was.

I chuckled and relished the fact that we hired the right man. ;)

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

We drove back to Lay lake that nite and got in around 2 am. We opened the 12 y/o scotch and discussed how much we totally disliked bordering on the edge of hate for anything in road work orange and anything thing named Manning. The years haven't tempered my either one. I truly hope Saban gets this team ready to rip the locker door down like Coach Bryant did. Another shut out would be great with 12 y.o scotch.

And while I am on this, do the UT fans not haven enough time worrying about their team than to get on this board.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Some of my favorite memories of Bama/UT go back to the 80's when they always had good teams...sometimes better than ours...but then we'd go hog wild on them...memories of Bobby Humphrey running through the UT defense still makes me smile!!!

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010
I know we haven't made this much of a rivalry over the last 6 years but this is by far my favorite game of the year. I respect Alabama more than any other program and no other game do I love to watch more. I still remember Manning to Joey Kent on the first play in 1995 and I'm sure you all have favorite plays in this great rivalry. I hope we can make this rivalry more compeitive in the coming years and with Butch Jones I feel like we will get there in short time. Hopefully it will be a good game with no major injuries on either side and Go Vols!
I was at that game. It was the worst experience of my life. Lol. It only got worse after that play.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

Ahh I was in boot camp from August 31st, 2009 to November 25th, 2009. So I have no memories for most of the 2009 season. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I'm sure you still have fond memories of the quarterdeck and the beach's of Parris Island though. :biggrin:

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

One of my favorite memories in Alabama Football history was when Philip Doyle nailed a 47 yard FG on the last play of the game to beat an undefeated and heavily favored Tennessee team in 1990. Sweet!

dabamafan

2nd Team
May 8, 2002
murfreesboro,tn USA
I will go with the 1990 game and Stacy Harrison's block of the fg attempt with his face mask.I was in the it student section and almost got punched out after Phillip Doyle's kick sailed thru on the final play. Alabama had no business winning that game and probably doesn't if coach Majors doesn't choose to play so close to the vest offensively.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
5 OT's....I've never sobered up IN the stadium, but only carrying a game's worth of mixer, the adrenaline, the highs and lows, plus a REALLY long time made for a bad crash and hangover walking out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Bamatim15

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
Kingsport TN

I was at that game with some friends from Tn and where we parked they had a dummy of Phil Fulmer hanging from a tree with a sign that said, "fat phil likes to squeal!" Loved it!

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com

Tennessee week I always think about Jerry Duncan and 2 great quotes he gave us when he was a sideline reporter;

"Well Eli, Smokey just came out of the tunnel, and he's about 100 yards away from me now, and if I had my deer rifle I believe I could drop him, back to you Eli" -- Jerry Duncan's comments to Eli Gold just prior to kickoff against Tennessee.

Well, Eli, these Tennessee folks are really giving it to our boys down here, they hate us. But by God, I hate them too. Back to you, Eli."

HighTide3

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 11, 2012

laying a loss on the vile program is still as sweet as it gets for this old Bama boy.

They deserve to be beaten by Alabama for the next fifty years straight.

Can't wait for Saturday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.