Tennessee vs Alabama (Edit: UT fan's perspective)

fatphilsbrother

Oct 18, 2012
I know we haven't made this much of a rivalry over the last 6 years but this is by far my favorite game of the year. I respect Alabama more than any other program and no other game do I love to watch more. I still remember Manning to Joey Kent on the first play in 1995 and I'm sure you all have favorite plays in this great rivalry. I hope we can make this rivalry more compeitive in the coming years and with Butch Jones I feel like we will get there in short time. Hopefully it will be a good game with no major injuries on either side and Go Vols!

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Re: Tennessee vs Alabama

The actions of your "brother" made this great football rivalry into a quagmire of lies and innuendo to the NCAA which seriously weakened Alabama for several years. Mike Shula helped heal some of the gaping wounds and Coach Saban has returned this very proud university to the pinnacle of college football.

That being said, remember our mascot is an elephant and we all know how long their memories are very, very long. I think Butch will learn on Saturday just how much work he has to do to make this rivalry competitive again. Come Saturday, Bama will be going for three shut outs and it is very possible they will accomplish this.

fatphilsbrother

Oct 18, 2012

That 2005 game was very memorable. We weren't suppose to win although we were unbeaten.

Sent from my iPhone
Yeah probably would have won that game but our fullback Cory Anderson fumbled the ball through the endzone. Needless to say I still haven't gotten over that game.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

I'll never forget 2005. UThug was driving down the field looking like they were gonna out the game away then Roman Harper forces the fumble out of their end zone. I went crazy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I know we haven't made this much of a rivalry over the last 6 years but this is by far my favorite game of the year. I respect Alabama more than any other program and no other game do I love to watch more. I still remember Manning to Joey Kent on the first play in 1995 and I'm sure you all have favorite plays in this great rivalry. I hope we can make this rivalry more compeitive in the coming years and with Butch Jones I feel like we will get there in short time. Hopefully it will be a good game with no major injuries on either side and Go Vols!
We have a rule against "teaser titles." Your title gives no hint as to what the thread is really concerning. Even something like "My take on the UT/Bama rivalry" would be an improvement...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I'll never forget 2005. UThug was driving down the field looking like they were gonna out the game away then Roman Harper forces the fumble out of their end zone. I went crazy!!!
Despite the non-calls that allowed them to even have the chance, it was worth it for the soul-crushing stop and victory.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Despite the non-calls that allowed them to even have the chance, it was worth it for the soul-crushing stop and victory.
I was with my wife in the stands. When the ball took off, I turned and said "I've never seen a ball do that before." Of course, unfortunately, I had the exact same thought in the AU game in 2010, watching MI's fumble through the EZ...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

2005 was my favorite Alabama/TN game - until 2009.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

Sadly, the 2003 Tennessee game was the craziest game I have ever seen live.

I will never forget that we somehow had 1st and 2, with one first down to seal it and we couldn't get it. :(

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Sadly, the 2003 Tennessee game was the craziest game I have ever seen live.

I will never forget that we somehow had 1st and 2, with one first down to seal it and we couldn't get it. :(
Fourth and 19! I still cannot believe it...

Good grief I hate ut.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Good post and here is to an injury free and good sportsmanship game, BTY you could have selected a better handle for this site.:wink:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

2007 was very gratifying as well. It was sort of like CNS and Bama said, "Things are different now."

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
My top five memories (good and bad)...

2009 - Rocky Block. One of the greatest moments I've ever witnessed in football.

2005 - Rocky Stop. Roman Harper will have free drinks on me anytime we ever meet.

2003 - 4th and 19. One of the worst gut feelings I've ever had after the conversion.

1995 - Peyton's Party. I knew then we were in for a tough stretch. I still have nightmares about his naked boot for a TD.

1993 - Palmer at QB. A tie was never so sweet.

CrimsonblakeII

Scout Team
Feb 19, 2012
Seattle, WA

My second Alabama game I ever attended was 1993 when david palmer went around the end on the 2pt conversion to preserve our unbeaten streak. I'll never forget that game!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.