Few weeks away from gameday

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Where's everyone at?? I know it's football season but I'm pretty excited for basketball this year. Good feeling releford is going to do big things this year. From the little I've heard from practice, sounds like we're doing well beside the Randolph incident. Tourney bid looks real promising this year, more than the past few years. And just a guess but I think engstrom and Jacobs will be huge this year. What y'all think?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Hope springs eternal. I think we have a chance to be much better than the 6th place finish the media predicts. It hurt that Levi got hurt, but it appears to be a lesser injury that originally thought. I think it is key for him to be healthy and a consistent contributor. He is the heart and soul of the team to me.

Releford is talented, but I don't think of him as a great leader. This should have been his team for the last 2 years and he backed away from taking the reins. We've had some fairly talented teams during CAG tenure, but what those teams seem to be missing is a great leader.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Hope springs eternal. I think we have a chance to be much better than the 6th place finish the media predicts. It hurt that Levi got hurt, but it appears to be a lesser injury that originally thought. I think it is key for him to be healthy and a consistent contributor. He is the heart and soul of the team to me.

Releford is talented, but I don't think of him as a great leader. This should have been his team for the last 2 years and he backed away from taking the reins. We've had some fairly talented teams during CAG tenure, but what those teams seem to be missing is a great leader.
I wonder if Trevor couldn't be as much of a leader the last two years because of another Trevor.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
You nailed that! I think the missing ingrediant is a definitive leader. Hopefully Trevor takes the reigns this year and runs with it. I do look for next year's team to be better than this year though. Levi, Nick, Cooper, and Engstrom will all be senior leaders, Hale and Taylor will have some experience under their belt, I think Algie Key will be a big contributor this year as well as next, and a big scoring threat addition of Rickey Tarrant will be a big help as well.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
The bigges point is... engstrom is healthy.. WE were a different team when he was on the court. If our front court stays healthy, we are team that can play on sunday in the sec tourney

jangalang

All-SEC
Feb 16, 2003
Miami, FL
I read somewhere that they've been focusing more on conditioning than ever. I believe Releford and Jacobs both lost 15-20 lbs if I remember correctly.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Jacobs looks very slim and so do the big freshman so I hope they bigs do not get pushed around while trying to defend the post.

I think Algie Key will be a big contributor this year as well as next, and a big scoring threat addition of Rickey Tarrant will be a big help as well.
Except Tarrant has to sit out a year I think because of transfer rules.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'm always fired up about basketball at Bama. Never missed a home game as a student.
It's going to be interesting. I hate that we lost Pollard because I really think he would have developed into a very good player.
Lacey will be missed.
I think the new guys will be critical if we are to be better.
The Taylor kid looked very good to me in the games inn Europe.
I'm like a lot of folks. I'm "cautiously optimistic", but Levi needs to get well.
I agree that he is the heart and soul of this team. The fire so to speak.
sip

jangalang

All-SEC
Feb 16, 2003
Miami, FL
Haven't seen anything about Jacobs, but Trevor did lose at least 10 pounds.
Here we go...

@BamaHoopsNews
Grant said he thinks fans will notice change in Jacobs' physique. More stamina, more explosive. Next step is mental toughness, consistency.

@BamaHoopsNews
Anthony Grant on Nick Jacobs: "He's probably dropped 25-30 pounds of unnecessary weight. Has made a commitment."

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I'm always fired up about basketball at Bama. Never missed a home game as a student.
It's going to be interesting. I hate that we lost Pollard because I really think he would have developed into a very good player.
Lacey will be missed.
I think the new guys will be critical if we are to be better.
The Taylor kid looked very good to me in the games inn Europe.
I'm like a lot of folks. I'm "cautiously optimistic", but Levi needs to get well.
I agree that he is the heart and soul of this team. The fire so to speak.
sip
I think Obasahan is dynamic enough that he will replace anything we might have missed with Lacey. Retin will be better off the dribble and better on the defensive end too.

spacerats

Scout Team
Nov 11, 2006
and tho our bench doesn't go far, i expect better contributions. i think our team will look and feel a lot better b/c we have more players that actually contribute on offense and defense. seems the last couple of years we either had leaders who got suspended or we always had players on the court whose weaknesses were very exposed.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
and tho our bench doesn't go far, i expect better contributions. i think our team will look and feel a lot better b/c we have more players that actually contribute on offense and defense. seems the last couple of years we either had leaders who got suspended or we always had players on the court whose weaknesses were very exposed.
That won't have changed.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.