Ridiculous conference stats (as of Oct 19th)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Of course you can't throw out the A@M game, but in our other six games our average score is 39.3 to 4.3, or five touchdowns per game differential. I love statistics :)

I know. It's hard to look at your own team in a critical way. That's why I said ifs and buts. It could have very easily ended up that way, but injuries and mistakes didn't allow it.

I do feel that the other games this season have backed up the thought process that the A&M game was an anomaly.
It is what it is. With Bama at full strength A'M had no answer. We saw that.

Sent from my iPhone

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Crazier numbers:
We're 7.2 yards per carry (first by a large margin)
We've given up 1 sack in all SEC games
We're 1st in 3rd down conversions

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Exactly! The last two weeks has reminded me of our 2011/2012 teams in the way we dominate and don't let up. I think we are on our way to something special again.
I don't know why exactly but as this team keeps getting better each week, they may just be better than the last 2 teams, it's the scoring at will that's the difference to me.

We had a lot of games where the 3rd Qtr was disappointing, not this year.

BamaFanOnBeach

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 15, 2007
here is a crazy stat for you: Not one single team Bama has played this year has had the ball in the 2nd half with a chance to tie the game or take the lead.... in other words, every time in the 2nd half that our opponents have gotten the ball on offense they have been down by at least 2 scores!! If you go game by game:
VT – didn’t have an opportunity after beginning of 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] qtr before throwing a pick 6.
aTm- didn’t have an opportunity after mid way through 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] qtr to tie game before bama went up 28-14 on next possession.
CS – didn’t have an opportunity after a blocked punt at beggining of 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] qrt
OM – didn’t have an opportunity after bama got the ball almost midway through the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] qtr and ran out the rest of the clock before halftime on an over 6 minute drive to kick a field goal and go up 9-0.
GS – no shot after bama’s 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] offensive possession midway through 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] qtr
UK – no shot after Bama went up by 10 five minutes into the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] qtr
Ark – no shot after Bama going up 14-0 midway through 1[SUP]st[/SUP] qtr

LuckyDucky

Oct 20, 2013
Oregon Land
**tiptoes into thread, looks around furtively* Can I come out now? Is it safe??

Just another Ore-Gone fan here, relatively new to the world of forum posting. I've been lurking a bit and saw another Oregon fan (hey Blitzkrieg!) so thought I would stop by. Like some others here, selfishly I would LOVE to see Oregon win out and face you guys in the NCG. That's assuming both teams take care of business - I think Bama will, and I believe Oregon is capable.

These stats are just another example of the ridiculously high level your team is reaching. Some Duck fans may trash-talk a bit (they are idiots), but I think (hope) the majority who at least watches Alabama play a little bit can see how dominant the Tide has been. If the defense wasn't hitting its full potential the first few games, after ATM you guys are looking scarier and scarier...I have a very high level of respect for this team and you are setting the standard that other teams are wanting to compare themselves to.

And of course for Oregon, it's pretty damn fun being a Duck fan right now! We've had a much-publicized offense a few years now, but I feel like we finally have a defense that's getting close to the same level as our O. Time will tell if Oregon is really as advertised... here's hoping both of our respective teams have the best season possible! You can probably guess the national championship game scenario I'd like to see :D

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
**tiptoes into thread, looks around furtively* Can I come out now? Is it safe??

Just another Ore-Gone fan here, relatively new to the world of forum posting. I've been lurking a bit and saw another Oregon fan (hey Blitzkrieg!) so thought I would stop by. Like some others here, selfishly I would LOVE to see Oregon win out and face you guys in the NCG. That's assuming both teams take care of business - I think Bama will, and I believe Oregon is capable.

These stats are just another example of the ridiculously high level your team is reaching. Some Duck fans may trash-talk a bit (they are idiots), but I think (hope) the majority who at least watches Alabama play a little bit can see how dominant the Tide has been. If the defense wasn't hitting its full potential the first few games, after ATM you guys are looking scarier and scarier...I have a very high level of respect for this team and you are setting the standard that other teams are wanting to compare themselves to.

And of course for Oregon, it's pretty damn fun being a Duck fan right now! We've had a much-publicized offense a few years now, but I feel like we finally have a defense that's getting close to the same level as our O. Time will tell if Oregon is really as advertised... here's hoping both of our respective teams have the best season possible! You can probably guess the national championship game scenario I'd like to see :D
Be nice guys. Welcome and join in anytime you would like. If you win out, you will be playing for it all and hopefully and probably against us. Good luck the rest of the way.

LuckyDucky

Oct 20, 2013
Oregon Land
I was replying to CoastGhost...derp. Can't brain today

Thanks for the encouragement! Not sure how often I'll be able to post here but I hope to be around. Go Ducks! And go Tide, until January :p

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I'm all for playing Oregon this year; though it's clear that FSU is just salivating waiting for one of us to trip up.

There's three full-blown, legit teams: Bama, Oregon, FSU

A couple of them that have enough talent, with a bit of luck, to make it through: Primarily Mizzou, but Baylor as well

One that plays an absurdly horrid schedule and might win out despite being unworthy: Ohio State

Then a whole mess of 1-loss teams that could get in with a bit of luck as well. One can't ignore Auburn, as winning out would mean wins over UGA, Bama, and like Missouri.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.