Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Interesting: Muschamp vs. Zook

Muschamp vs. Zook - through their first 33 games:
    Ron Zook: 20-13, 14-7 SEC, 2-0 vs UGA
    Muschamp: 22-11, 13-8 SEC, 0-2 vs UGA

Not sure how long Muschamp is going to have a job down in Gainesville...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Re: Interesting: Muschamp vs. Zook

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Muschamp vs. Zook - through their first 33 games:
    Ron Zook: 20-13, 14-7 SEC, 2-0 vs UGA
    Muschamp: 22-11, 13-8 SEC, 0-2 vs UGA

Not sure how long Muschamp is going to have a job down in Gainesville...
    Recruiting focus has been too defense oriented at a time when offenses are exploding...
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If the Gators get run out of the stadium vs FSU on Nov 30, it might be curtains for CWM.

If it's anything like the FSU / Clemson game, he'll almost certainly be gone.

That said, if he somehow pulls off a win - especially if FSU is undefeated and heading for a BCS bowl - he'll almost certainly buy himself another year...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Second Team GCtidefan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

wow. I didn't realize the two HC records were that close.
    I figured Pease would be gone, but if gator alums are looking at the same data you've presented, you may be right. He could be gone after the FSU game where they have little hope of not being embarrassed.

Post Thanks / Like

If the Gators get run out of the stadium vs FSU on Nov 30, it might be curtains for CWM.

If it's anything like the FSU / Clemson game, he'll almost certainly be gone.

That said, if he somehow pulls off a win - especially if FSU is undefeated and heading for a BCS bowl - he'll almost certainly buy himself another year...
    I think he has another year unless he gets blown out by UGA and FSU, most Gata's seem to be saying "it's all the injuries" rather than fire Muschamp.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't SOS leave Florida with almost zero talent?

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonForce's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

I've said it before, the biggest problem with Florida is they haven't had a good quarterback since tebow. They haven't really had any playmakers on offense since urban was there. To much pressure to play almost perfect on defense every week. He should take the Texas job if he gets offered it. Easier conference and no CNS.

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

^this

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yah, there are lots of excuses as to why, but the reality is UF fans expect results fast.

I'd not be surprised if CWM gets canned if FSU makes them look like Clemson. And they appear to have the team to do that this year.

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Every single person on this board who thinks Kirby Smart should succeed Coach Saban needs to remember this.

The SEC is NOT the place for on the job training. If you don't have head coaching experience elsewhere you should not get the job. This does not surprise me at all.
    :13

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Muschamp injury laden team, Zook just funny...

I think that CKS could replace CNS!

Sent from my iPhone
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Yah, there are lots of excuses as to why, but the reality is UF fans expect results fast.

I'd not be surprised if CWM gets canned if FSU makes them look like Clemson. And they appear to have the team to do that this year.
    I have said since day one of his hire he had to bring an offensive mindset with him, and it appears he did not. He was (is) a good defensive coordinator, but for those saying they haven't had a good qb - who's fault is that?
    He has done nothing to convince me he is a great HC, or will even be one. A win over Georgia (don't see it...der Richter loses to the lizards and his behind will burn) will help him, but a win over FSU will get him crowned "best of the mediocre" and keep his job. IMO, if he loses both he is gone, no matter the score. The "injury" excuse is just that, an excuse, as just about every team in the SEC has had injuries to key players. He hasn't recruited well on the offensive side at all, at least compared to the defensive side. Ain't gonna win anywhere like that.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; October 22nd, 2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: formatting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaPokerplayer View Post
    Didn't SOS leave Florida with almost zero talent?
    Yes, but Zook was a helluva recruiter, offense and defense, whereas Boom seems just to be defensive minded. Urban stepped into a gold mine...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus