crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Muschamp vs. Zook - through their first 33 games:
Ron Zook: 20-13, 14-7 SEC, 2-0 vs UGA
Muschamp: 22-11, 13-8 SEC, 0-2 vs UGA

Not sure how long Muschamp is going to have a job down in Gainesville...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Muschamp vs. Zook - through their first 33 games:
Ron Zook: 20-13, 14-7 SEC, 2-0 vs UGA
Muschamp: 22-11, 13-8 SEC, 0-2 vs UGA

Not sure how long Muschamp is going to have a job down in Gainesville...
Recruiting focus has been too defense oriented at a time when offenses are exploding...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If the Gators get run out of the stadium vs FSU on Nov 30, it might be curtains for CWM.

If it's anything like the FSU / Clemson game, he'll almost certainly be gone.

That said, if he somehow pulls off a win - especially if FSU is undefeated and heading for a BCS bowl - he'll almost certainly buy himself another year...

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
wow. I didn't realize the two HC records were that close.
I figured Pease would be gone, but if gator alums are looking at the same data you've presented, you may be right. He could be gone after the FSU game where they have little hope of not being embarrassed.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
If the Gators get run out of the stadium vs FSU on Nov 30, it might be curtains for CWM.

If it's anything like the FSU / Clemson game, he'll almost certainly be gone.

That said, if he somehow pulls off a win - especially if FSU is undefeated and heading for a BCS bowl - he'll almost certainly buy himself another year...
I think he has another year unless he gets blown out by UGA and FSU, most Gata's seem to be saying "it's all the injuries" rather than fire Muschamp.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I've said it before, the biggest problem with Florida is they haven't had a good quarterback since tebow. They haven't really had any playmakers on offense since urban was there. To much pressure to play almost perfect on defense every week. He should take the Texas job if he gets offered it. Easier conference and no CNS.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yah, there are lots of excuses as to why, but the reality is UF fans expect results fast.

I'd not be surprised if CWM gets canned if FSU makes them look like Clemson. And they appear to have the team to do that this year.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Every single person on this board who thinks Kirby Smart should succeed Coach Saban needs to remember this.

The SEC is NOT the place for on the job training. If you don't have head coaching experience elsewhere you should not get the job. This does not surprise me at all.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Yah, there are lots of excuses as to why, but the reality is UF fans expect results fast.

I'd not be surprised if CWM gets canned if FSU makes them look like Clemson. And they appear to have the team to do that this year.
I have said since day one of his hire he had to bring an offensive mindset with him, and it appears he did not. He was (is) a good defensive coordinator, but for those saying they haven't had a good qb - who's fault is that?
He has done nothing to convince me he is a great HC, or will even be one. A win over Georgia (don't see it...der Richter loses to the lizards and his behind will burn) will help him, but a win over FSU will get him crowned "best of the mediocre" and keep his job. IMO, if he loses both he is gone, no matter the score. The "injury" excuse is just that, an excuse, as just about every team in the SEC has had injuries to key players. He hasn't recruited well on the offensive side at all, at least compared to the defensive side. Ain't gonna win anywhere like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I hear a Colin Cowherd sound bite on ESPN radio some discussing Muschamp's tenure at Florida. Cowherd says everyone hates on Kiffin while talking about Muschamp as a replacement for Mack Brown. He asks, "why?" When you look at the records, the two aren't that different.

Also, I see UF's 2012 campaign similar to Chizik's 2009 and 2011 seasons. None of the three were stellar teams, but they had the necessary bounces to exceed expectations. In 2012, Auburn didn't get the bounces. UF doesn't appear to be on the lucky side of the bounces this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
Didn't SOS leave Florida with almost zero talent?
Spurrier's recruiting had gone down a little, but he went 10-2 his last season and I give him the benefit that he left the good in good standing? Spurrier didn't bail out, he was offered a then tremendous $5mil to coach in the pro's, 3 times his salary at least. Florida fans still love Coach Spurrier unlike Myers who they felt was a fraud. Spurrier remains their Bear Bryant. He might have gone back if they didn't hurt his pride by saking him to go through the interview process, so he opted for SC. He likes it there because if you want apreciation for winning, he is in the right place. He has been to more bowl games than the 90 prior years. Maybe twice as many.

Zook left Myer a very talented team just he inherited with OS. i

Muschamp is getting a big break and this article below sums it up. But this is his 3rd season, so I see this as the 1st season that the people that count are now holding Muschamp accountable for losses. This article was very relevant and the views are held by the Florida fans, media and administration. They all despise Urban Meyers, and consider him a hypocritical fraudster.

From champs to chomped: How Urban Meyer broke Florida football

april 9th, 2012

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...-violation-recruiting-drugs-program-will-musc

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Every single person on this board who thinks Kirby Smart should succeed Coach Saban needs to remember this.

The SEC is NOT the place for on the job training. If you don't have head coaching experience elsewhere you should not get the job. This does not surprise me at all.
Sorry there truth in this post is so great, a simple thank, like, was not enough.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Spurrier's recruiting had gone down a little, but he went 10-2 his last season and I give him the benefit that he left the good in good standing? Spurrier didn't bail out, he was offered a then tremendous $5mil to coach in the pro's, 3 times his salary at least. Florida fans still love Coach Spurrier unlike Myers who they felt was a fraud. Spurrier remains their Bear Bryant. He might have gone back if they didn't hurt his pride by saking him to go through the interview process, so he opted for SC. He likes it there because if you want apreciation for winning, he is in the right place. He has been to more bowl games than the 90 prior years. Maybe twice as many.

Zook left Myer a very talented team just he inherited with OS. i

Muschamp is getting a big break and this article below sums it up. But this is his 3rd season, so I see this as the 1st season that the people that count are now holding Muschamp accountable for losses. This article was very relevant and the views are held by the Florida fans, media and administration. They all despise Urban Meyers, and consider him a hypocritical fraudster.

From champs to chomped: How Urban Meyer broke Florida football

april 9th, 2012

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...-violation-recruiting-drugs-program-will-musc
I believe there were a lot of holes on that team the first year Zook took over. Muschamp walked into a much better situation. If coach SOS enjoyed recruiting back that who knows what might have happened at UF.

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
I believe there were a lot of holes on that team the first year Zook took over. Muschamp walked into a much better situation. If coach SOS enjoyed recruiting back that who knows what might have happened at UF.
Did you read the article? Muchamp walked into a fracture team with very little disciple, you can't say that about Spurrier.
Muchamp was greeted with a team very much like Shula's with a little more talent. Urban bailed because of the holes in his recruiting. You have it backwards my friend.

Read the article if you get a chance, it has been corroborated. Myer left the Swamp becasue he knew his next team was going to be a dud, we have 4 RB's better than any on his roster.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I think Boom's 11-2 mark and Sugar Bowl appearance last season bought him enough goodwill for one more year, regardless of how they finish this season. That said, I agree that he has certainly underwhelmed relative to expectations. A lot of folks are pinning the blame on offensive recruiting - while that's been a problem, IMO the offensive coaching and game-planning has been equally poor. You can't run a pro-style offense in the SEC with the level of offensive talent they have. It just doesn't work these days. The defenses are too fast and too aggressive.

Will needs to rethink his entire offensive philosophy, IMO, and bring in some more qualified coaches on that side of the ball. Otherwise, I do expect 2014 to be his last season in Gainesville.

Also, I wholeheartedly agree with Selma on Kirby Smart. Outstanding assistant coach but a complete unknown as a head coach. Dubose and Shula should have taught us sufficient lessons about hiring guys with no previous head coaching experience.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.