longhorns keep on insisting.....

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I see your point, but it's not just a SportsNation story. ESPN radio confirmed the same. Doesn't mean it's true, either, but it's there.
Yah, I've looked around and can't find any actual confirmation that ESPN radio ran with it. As of right now, it's from a sport columnist who covers texas football - that's it.

Again, y'all talk about what you want, but giving these folks page hits and such only encourages more of this...

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
I see your point, but it's not just a SportsNation story. ESPN radio confirmed the same. Doesn't mean it's true, either, but it's there.
The ESPN affiliate in AUSTIN confirmed there indeed is a RUMOR. There are ESPN radio affiliates in just about every decent sized city in the US. Not the same as ESPN running a national story, which wouldn't make it true even if they did.

This is the equivalent of ITAT running with a wild rumor that they hope and pray is true.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Let me translate this article for you:

A Texas fan source and a nobody who kisses Longhorn butt (and wouldn't have a show in Austin otherwise) both agree that Terry Saban might have been in Austin recently looking for a vacation home. And her daughter-in-law was with her looking or maybe not looking. The first source has been right twice in recent months (over the course of 40 columns if he's weekly) but never mentioned Saban turning down Texas a couple of years ago.

Folks, this is NOT ESPN, it's an Austin hack who doesn't have a show without this.

Besides - Saban was already in Texas in September.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
I suppose it will always be a possibility and there will almost always assuredly be talk of CNS going somewhere when a well known school is in search of a Head Coach, but I do tend to believe Coach when he said he was to dang old to be moving anymore.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.