Link: Alabama reserve defensive end LaMichael Fanning indefinitely suspended

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I always suspected the "fifth player" was a Saban creation to keep everyone on their toes. to make them all think "I wonder if he means me?".

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Is Fanning the kid who body slammed the Mizzou player?

It is good to get this distraction out of the way before the LSU game.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
You know, I heard Coach Saban say on one of the local channels one night about five players on the team were going to be a hindrance to the overall team or something along those lines. He said four of those were arrested. He did not mention the fifth, but indicated he was still on the team. I can't help but wonder if he is the fifth. Just wondering...
Who were the 4?

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
Why do we pile on when someone makes a mistake...I love CJ and I witnessed him have a suplex tackle earlier this season in a game, and no one said anything...let's wait until we know what's going on before we label the young man. The tackle was not a reflection of this kid's character and there's a reason the staff even attempted a position change to get him on the field.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Why do we pile on when someone makes a mistake...I love CJ and I witnessed him have a suplex tackle earlier this season in a game, and no one said anything...let's wait until we know what's going on before we label the young man. The tackle was not a reflection of this kid's character and there's a reason the staff even attempted a position change to get him on the field.

I wasn't saying anything thing negative about the body slam. I just remembered the play and thought it was Fanning..but couldn't remember. I was trying to remember who Fanning was.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Senior LB C.J. Mosley on LaMichael Fanning suspension: "Sometimes guys have to grow up and be a man about what they have to do." #Alabama

Sounds like He has trouble getting in line with the other boys. I suspect he may be the one who's causing distraction on the team. Did Coach said something about how he consults with the players to determine if a player should be suspended?

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
that's too bad, he had remarkable strength and i thought he had great potential, but like sampson, i guess he couldn't channel it properly..

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I just hate to see any player have to leave Bama, or be asked to leave, or told to leave. If they came to Bama to begin with, it must have been for a good reason. And if they were accepted, there must have been a good reason. It just seems like somebody threw away a great opportunity for themselves and the University, and that's the shame of it.

He hasn't really suplex the runner. He's thrown him backwards. The suplex came in last year's Missouri game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I hate to hear when any player is suspended for breaking team rules or a criminal offense. It matters not whether he is starter, major contributor, or 3rd string. It's not because I think all Alabama are angels, but because it is such a waste of a young man's future which could be very bright with a college degree. Unfortunately, the coaching staff often has to depend on peer pressure to keep everyone in line and even then there are always exceptions.

Whatever the reason for the suspension, I do hope Fanning gets his act together and doesn't squander this opportunity for a free education whether it be at Alabama or elsewhere.

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007
Surprised it has taken until Wed to get this out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I posted a thread speculating Fanning may be off the team but it got deleted...

BTW Ivory is practicing but in the back of the rotation. Just like other players get that treatment during their suspensions....

The season of distractions is an understatement.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I hate to hear when any player is suspended for breaking team rules or a criminal offense. It matters not whether he is starter, major contributor, or 3rd string. It's not because I think all Alabama are angels, but because it is such a waste of a young man's future which could be very bright with a college degree. Unfortunately, the coaching staff often has to depend on peer pressure to keep everyone in line and even then there are always exceptions.

Whatever the reason for the suspension, I do hope Fanning gets his act together and doesn't squander this opportunity for a free education whether it be at Alabama or elsewhere.
Granted, we don`t know details, but someone once said, "Youth is wasted on the young". Sometimes you`re just left shaking your head.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Surprised it has taken until Wed to get this out
In this respect, I'll add that I am personally of the opinion that the beat writers do a pretty poor job of covering the team. Clearly Saban and company run a tight ship and tries their best to limit leaks, but a lot of this is just obvious to anyone remotely paying attention. You go for almost one week straight -- including a game where practically everyone but the water boy saw action -- and no one noticed that this gargantuan 6'7, 270+ pound kid was nowhere to be seen during any of that time? Absurdities like that are why it's laughable when sportswriters get on their proverbial high horse and start talking about "journalism."

You'll see a decent story break every now and again, but for the most part it's hard not to draw the conclusion that the bulk of the sportswriters on the 'Bama beat just sit around waiting on Saban's pressers and the official press releases to come from the university. And when either they or a player in an individual interview doesn't expressly tell them something, well, it takes you a week to figure out the 6'7 kid is nowhere to be found...

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Why is there a rumor going around on Ivory? Darren Lake brings the size like Ivory but you hate hearing stuff about starters being sidelined.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.