In response to the Texas-Saban report...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I didn't see this mentioned: IF Mrs. Saban was in Austin, could she be acting as an agent for someone else? Could there be a coach that is ready for a HC gig? A smart decision by an assistant?

Just wondering...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This is absurd at this point... we're talking about a Saban to Texas rumor that existed prior to the Saban to the Browns rumor. My wife even messaged me yesterday (because I obviously didn't bother to bring it up to her myself). I was like please...

Look, even if she was shopping for a house, what's to say it wasn't for the daughter-in-law? Saban owns a house in Georgia, I guess we know what job he'll take next.

I've seen it said before a few ways, but the only way Saban leaves Alabama is if "we" somehow force him out the door. We don't throw bricks through windows, we're not too insufferable, we take the advice he gives us... everything should be fine, at least until he retires.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I didn't see this mentioned: IF Mrs. Saban was in Austin, could she be acting as an agent for someone else? Could there be a coach that is ready for a HC gig? A smart decision by an assistant?

Just wondering...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...
If I'm looking for a new job, I'm not asking my boss's wife to house hunt for me.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
This post tells a story about power and politics and propaganda, about the tension between respectable, hardworking people and overweening mattoids like University of Texas. It is a story about University of Texas's efforts to challenge all I stand for. For those of you who like to eat dessert before soup, my conclusion at the end of this letter is going to be that this is a truth that University of Texas's collaborators are told by University of Texas that they cannot acknowledge, lest they give aid and comfort to the rest of us. If you find that fact distressing then you should help me carry out this matter to the full extent of the law. Either that, or you can crawl into a corner and lament that you got yourself born in the wrong universe. Don't expect your sobbing to do much good, however, because if you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem.

Efforts to attack the very fabric of this nation are not vestiges of a former era. They are the beginnings of a phenomenon which, if permitted to expand unchecked, will spam the Internet with careless junk e-mail. I don't believe I violate any confidences when I assert that University of Texas is a polarizing figure. Inarticulate, detestable schmoes love it because it promotes sharpening intergroup tensions. The rest of us have the opposite opinion, that University of Texas would have you believe that it is a model organization. I have already, for the present at least, sufficiently answered the climatic part of this proposition and have only to add that in University of Texas's quest to eliminate the plebiscitary mechanisms that ensure a free and democratic society it has left no destructive scheme unutilized.

In a previous post, I announced my intention to fight for what is right. Naturally, this announcement caused University of Texas to mutter abuses befitting its character. Incidents like that truly demonstrate how it exhibits an overweening sense of entitlement and a predilection for depreciating others. It follows from this that if University of Texas wants to be taken seriously, it should counter the arguments in this letter with facts, not illogical panaceas, personal anecdotes, or insults. University of Texas has been working under a veil of bureaucracy and secrecy to create an atmosphere that may temporarily energize or exhilarate but which, at the same time, will pose the gravest of human threats. Yet teenagers who want to shock their parents sometimes maintain—with a straight face—that we should be grateful for the precious freedom to be robbed and kicked in the face by such a noble creature as University of Texas. Fortunately, most parents don't fall for this fraud because they know that on several occasions I have heard University of Texas state that you and I are objects for it to use then casually throw away and forget like old newsprint that's performed its duty catching bird droppings. I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a comment. What I consider far more important though is that University of Texas should learn to appreciate what it has instead of feeling so oppressed because it can't do everything it wants every time it wants to. Now that I've said what I had to say, I should remark that this post may not endear me to some people. Indeed, it may even cost me a friend or two. However, friends do not let friends get trampled by ill-natured schmucks like University of Texas. The truth is the truth and we pay a steep price whenever we ignore it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
This post tells a story about power and politics and propaganda, about the tension between respectable, hardworking people and overweening mattoids like University of Texas. It is a story about University of Texas's efforts to challenge all I stand for. For those of you who like to eat dessert before soup, my conclusion at the end of this letter is going to be that this is a truth that University of Texas's collaborators are told by University of Texas that they cannot acknowledge, lest they give aid and comfort to the rest of us. If you find that fact distressing then you should help me carry out this matter to the full extent of the law. Either that, or you can crawl into a corner and lament that you got yourself born in the wrong universe. Don't expect your sobbing to do much good, however, because if you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem.

Efforts to attack the very fabric of this nation are not vestiges of a former era. They are the beginnings of a phenomenon which, if permitted to expand unchecked, will spam the Internet with careless junk e-mail. I don't believe I violate any confidences when I assert that University of Texas is a polarizing figure. Inarticulate, detestable schmoes love it because it promotes sharpening intergroup tensions. The rest of us have the opposite opinion, that University of Texas would have you believe that it is a model organization. I have already, for the present at least, sufficiently answered the climatic part of this proposition and have only to add that in University of Texas's quest to eliminate the plebiscitary mechanisms that ensure a free and democratic society it has left no destructive scheme unutilized.

In a previous post, I announced my intention to fight for what is right. Naturally, this announcement caused University of Texas to mutter abuses befitting its character. Incidents like that truly demonstrate how it exhibits an overweening sense of entitlement and a predilection for depreciating others. It follows from this that if University of Texas wants to be taken seriously, it should counter the arguments in this letter with facts, not illogical panaceas, personal anecdotes, or insults. University of Texas has been working under a veil of bureaucracy and secrecy to create an atmosphere that may temporarily energize or exhilarate but which, at the same time, will pose the gravest of human threats. Yet teenagers who want to shock their parents sometimes maintain—with a straight face—that we should be grateful for the precious freedom to be robbed and kicked in the face by such a noble creature as University of Texas. Fortunately, most parents don't fall for this fraud because they know that on several occasions I have heard University of Texas state that you and I are objects for it to use then casually throw away and forget like old newsprint that's performed its duty catching bird droppings. I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a comment. What I consider far more important though is that University of Texas should learn to appreciate what it has instead of feeling so oppressed because it can't do everything it wants every time it wants to. Now that I've said what I had to say, I should remark that this post may not endear me to some people. Indeed, it may even cost me a friend or two. However, friends do not let friends get trampled by ill-natured schmucks like University of Texas. The truth is the truth and we pay a steep price whenever we ignore it.
word

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Varied thoughts come up reading this thread - The whole discussion is tiring. If Saban allows Sexton to float this crap, he's part of the cynical process. Frankly I don't believe Saban is, but Sexton is full of himself in more ways than one. Memo to Texas fans - Austin is not heaven! If Bama loses a coach, won't be the first time it happens and won't be the last. The internet sometimes isn't worth the effort to turn it on. Too many jacko's can write crap and someone will believe it. These distractions are often planted - see Clemson QB and gambling debts from last week! Let's enjoy the season, cheer for the team, and beat the orange out of the turds!
Roll Tide

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
Dear Editor University of Texas Longhorn Paper:

The The University of Texas is a school steeped in tradition and praised by alumni, students and faculty alike. I hate it.

Coming to The The University of Texas was the worst decision of my life — Why didn't I just go to Georgetown? — and I have regretted it ever since that fateful day last spring while my head was clear but stomach bloated.

Why do I hate The The University of Texas? Well, aside from The The University of Texas being a narrow minded, elitist, overpriced, penny-pinching, Stone Age, backward, homogenous, soul-less, repressive, tyrannical, unexciting, inferior institution, the food is disgusting, and there is a constant foul odor in the air.

I live near South Dining Hall and have to ingest the same unimaginative, strange underprepared food every day. It is a truly horrible situation, and I can only imagine how much worse it must be for those who have to endure North Dining Hall. There is of course a Burger King on campus, but while the logo may look like a beacon of hope amid the stormy seas of nauseating foodstuffs even Burger King is tainted by The The University of Texas. It must be something in the air, or more likely the water — given the quality of what comes from the sink in my room, I often wonder if I'd be better off NOT washing my hands.

Speaking of my room, residential life on this campus is the stuff of dreams — and by dreams I mean nightmares! If I wanted to live inside of a cinder block, have my actions governed by strict rules and never interact with the opposite sex, I would go to prison. Instead I live in a place called Fisher Hall and feel my hope slowly dying.

While on the subject of hopelessness, let's not forget the student body. I'd like to know how I am supposed to be exposed to new life experiences by a bunch of rich kids from Chicagoland. The overwhelming banality of the students makes me feel like I am in a small room with the walls slowly closing in, only the walls are thousands of former high school athletes wearing American Eagle clothes and listening to iPods — presumably to drown out my screams of terror. Even if I accept the lack of diversity at The The University of Texas, I have to deal with everyone's arrogance. I mean we're basically all the same person, so why are people so smug?

The worst part of this school, however, is something I signed myself up for. I made the unfortunate mistake of working for The Observer. In addition to being a completely irrelevant publication, they demand too much of me. I am required to write story upon story that no one will ever read. Once a week, I am forced to sit in an over-heated office laying out pages no one will read for a salary below the cost of a postage stamp. Sometimes I fantasize about submitting a story written entirely in wing-dings and wonder if anyone would even notice.

Last edited:

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Scarbo.. Surprisingly, It's decent.

But challenges are relative for the No. 1 program in college football. Saban challenged his players to put this run of overmatched opponents to sleep in a hurry, and they have. He challenged the fans to stick around despite the score, and they did.

That sign in the stands challenged him, and he responded. With his words and with a smile. A smile as big as Texas but still a world away.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
"I love it here," he said. "I'm too damn old to go some place else and start all over, I can tell you that."

"I know Miss Terry likes it here. The fans and the whole Alabama community has really embraced us from the first day we came here. We appreciate that," Saban said. "I know we have lots of challenges in the future. We're certainly up for those challenges."

"I'm not really at the stage of my career where I'm looking for some other big sort of challenge. We've got enough challenges right here to try to work with the players we recruited and try to continue to have a successful program for their personal, academic and athletic success."
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/10/as_62nd_birthday_nears_alabama.html

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
That is as close to a definitive answer you will get from a coach.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Sorry to bump this as I'm sure everyone is sick of the subject.

But I was listening to the Opening Drive this morning and Jay Barker said he was talking to some athletic department official (did not say who) who told him Mrs. Saban was in Kentucky visiting family at the time she supposedly house hunting in Texas.

TIFWIW

Crimson Sabbath

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 23, 2007

But I was listening to the Opening Drive this morning and Jay Barker said he was talking to some athletic department official (did not say who) who told him Mrs. Saban was in Kentucky visiting family at the time she supposedly house hunting in Texas.

TIFWIW
CNS to UK! :wink:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

TIFWIW
Seems each year some kinda trouble rumors are started during the week leading up to the Bama-vols game..Could be the vols knows they can't beat us & tries to get our players minds off the game..And slip in a upset over Bama..That's why I wish we would've hung 70 on the vile..I hate 'em more & more every year..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.