Vote for AJ McCarron for Heisman

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
I did, but I think the spirit of the Heisman race has been hijacked and over promoted by ESPN, and it can effect the player and the team having players be the flavor of the week and putting lofty expectations on them.

The Heisman moments usually comes after we find out who the contenders are, and then see a head to head match up where players excel. Winston had one of those games last week.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..Thanks for posting..AJ certainly deserves our votes & the votes of any true college football fan..If they would vote for the true meaning of the Heisman..AJ would win in a landslide I think..

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
done. and of course AJ deserves it. would the heisman voters think twice about voting for an RGIII who won the nat'l championship TWICE..in a row? or even a Cam Newton who won it once, or Johnny Football who won it because they both beat the tide? how about the guy who runs the Tide football team? if they (cam and johnny)deserve the heisman because they were fortunate enough to beat the tide, how about the guy who quarterbacks for the Tide and has won two championships in a row? how about it heisman voters?

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN
Voted again!

Nissan paid 7 or 8 figures to have the title sponsorship of the "Nissan Heisman." (My job used to include sponsorships. We paid 6 figures for state football sponsorships.) The sponsorship agreement included a vote, it looks like.

Yes, AJ would win hands down if people voted on the true meaning of the Heismans.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If Alabama is in the BCSCG again and AJ doesn't win the award, it will be meaningless forever in my mind. No QB will ever have done so much for his team in the history of the sport.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Could they have made that number you had to enter to confirm your vote any smaller and harder to read?

mhiggy45

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2010
daytona bch
If Alabama is in the BCSCG again and AJ doesn't win the award, it will be meaningless forever in my mind. No QB will ever have done so much for his team in the history of the sport.
Are u sure you're a buckeye? I do appreciate you'e input on this board, I just have'nt met many OSU fans that are so unbiased as you. We, I, appreciate you being here:)

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Here's what I don't understand:

Preseason all the talking heads said if he at least matched his output from last season and got us to 13-0 headed to a 3rd straight Title game he would almost certainly be a lock for the Heisman or at least in the serious running with an invite to NY.

Now he's not even sniffing the Top 5 in 'Heismanology' and Lou Holtz is the only person period lately who has kept AJ's name in the ring.

Last years stats (2012):2,933 Yrds 67.2% 30 TD's 3 Int's
(2013) Proj off 8 games:3,259 Yrds 69.4% 28 TD's 5 Int's

He's on pace to throw for more yards at a higher comp %(almost 70 frickin' percent w/ lots of drops and throw aways) while he's sat out almost every 4th quarter, chunks of 3rd quarters, and 1 whole second half....and is right on par with TD's and Int's. Actually he only had 25 of his 30 TD's prior to UGA and ND so he COULD still surpass 30 TD's if we faced a Mizzou in the SECCG and Oregon in the BCSNCG.

Anyway my point is he's done and is doing what 'THEY' said he had to do yet he's not even really seriously in the running....WHY?? What's changed??

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.