Vote for AJ McCarron for Heisman

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
i doubt we ever seen a bama qb or running back win again. coach saban is not interested in developing heisman winners. it is about winning the old fashion way. the team. ingram was very fortunate he won it. if it wasnt for his peformance in the texas game. probably not. think about it. espn, and all the experts primarily look at individual numbers. with bama, how many carries a game will our dual running back receive, which will result total yards for the season. how many passes does aj throw per game compared to the stars. heck he hardly plays a full game. coach will not run up the score. can you imagine the numbers aj would have with the last 4 opponents if he was turned loose with our receivers, and off line. mind bogling. so i guess we will have to just enjoy national championships instead of individual glory. oh, by the way i am not knocking other teams for this. and i still think johnny football should be the winner again. have never seen any qb like him college or pros. maybe once in a lifetime. he has to score over 40 points every game to win, with his defense. and he fought us right down to wire, and would have beaten auburn, if he had not missed two chances while hurt in the second half.

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN
How is it that Nissan gets a vote?
I just Googled Nissan's role. Nissan is the "exclusive premier sponsor" of the Heisman Trophy Trust that actually presents the award. Most likely, it will be referred to as the Heisman Trophy presented by Nissan North America. I used to manage sponsorships for an insurer. Nissan's Heisman deal is a multi-million dollar, multi-year sponsorship. One of the perks in the sponsorship agreement is a vote for the Heisman that Nissan's management can use or that Nissan can promote to dealers or the public. They chose to make the vote available to the public.

To complicate sponsorships, there are also media sponsorships, like ESPN has. For exclusive rights to promote the event, ESPN offers a specific number of on-air TV, radio, magazine and whatever promotions.

That's the long answer of how Nissan got a vote and why you'll hear about the latest ESPN favorites for the trophy non-stop until mid-December.

Roll Tide, A.J.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.