Link: Alabama Freshman DL Dee Liner Likely To Lose His Redshirt Against Tennessee..SIAP

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Well alrighty then..I hate to see Dee lose it this late in the season, but, I will never question anything Coach Saban does with our football team..He obviously has a reason to burn his RS now..Some of these young studs are just to dang good already & need to play..And it only gains him needed experience for the future..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

GA_Tide

1st Team
Aug 24, 2006
Canton, Ga
Maybe because of the Fanning suspension our depth isn't where it needs to be.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

spacerats

Scout Team
Nov 11, 2006
With A'shawn and Johnathan Allen already making plays, this class of dlineman has the potential to be our most dynamic at making plays behind the line of scrimmage. Hope they all stay for 4 years.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
If Dee is the kind of Lineman that can get to the QB quickly, not just disrupt the QB, then bring him in. This will certainly be evident should Bama play either FSU or UO in the near future. Both of those teams obviously have QB's that eat up yardage in a hurry. A sho-nuff QB sacker would be a weapon that would truly round out Bama's outstanding defense.

Roll Tide, Roll...A'ight!

If Dee is the kind of Lineman that can get to the QB quickly, not just disrupt the QB, then bring him in. This will certainly be evident should Bama play either FSU or UO in the near future. Both of those teams obviously have QB's that eat up yardage in a hurry. A sho-nuff QB sacker would be a weapon that would truly round out Bama's outstanding defense.

Roll Tide, Roll...A'ight!
If we are missing anything, it's that. Everyone says it, I really don't see it, but if he is getting to the QB then by all means let him at it!

Sent from my iPhone

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Well alrighty then..I hate to see Dee lose it this late in the season, but, I will never question anything Coach Saban does with our football team..He obviously has a reason to burn his RS now..Some of these young studs are just to dang good already & need to play..And it only gains him needed experience for the future..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
I'm with you, I hate seeing him lose it this late in the season.

But, as has been proven time and time again, Nick Saban is a much better and smarter coach than I am. :)

I assume that either Dee is flat out ready to play or we need to develop depth at the position to have quality depth later in the season.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
Maybe because of the Fanning suspension our depth isn't where it needs to be.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
I think this is true and I assume it might have something to do with the quality of OL that UT has as well...big and physical. This will allow our DL to remain fresh.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I guarantee DL LOVES losing his potential red shirt - even this 'late in the season'.

Not sure he'll be here more than three years anyway - dude's a monster.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I think this is partially a response to losing Fanning but I also see a pattern of bringing in younger defensive lineman. Ashawn is a real talent, we all know that, but I noticed that Jonathan Allen was on the field on the second series last week. I've not seen him near that early before. With LSU's Mettenburger and a very mobile Nick Marshall on the schedule I think the staff REALLY wants to get some more pressure in the pocket.

Plus if we are successful we may meet Mizzu in Atlanta, their passing game is fairly advanced, and if we should happen to make it to the big dance we will probably meet either Oregon or Florida State. Both of those programs can light you up.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
I guarantee DL LOVES losing his potential red shirt - even this 'late in the season'.

Not sure he'll be here more than three years anyway - dude's a monster.
If everyone went in three year like we think they will, we would never have any seniors. I'm sure he wants to play, they all want to play, but you hate losing the opportunity for another year. If AJ was required to come in for GMac because of his ribs in 2009, we would not have him now.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Maybe he's developed so well and looked so good in practice that Coach S. thinks "we can't keep this guy off the field any longer".
That's what I'm thinking. There are plenty of big games left this year and if he can contribute to a possible championship, put him in the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.