Link: Alabama punishes students for leaving early

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I love it.

Hopefully we'll see a much better representation from the student section at this game, which will help push the idea of getting rid of the block seating altogether.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Good. This was a problem when I was in school as well. Glad to see the University is finally making a move.

If you aren't going to stay for the whole game, there is no need to block off an entire section of seats for you.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Coach spoke again about this on Game Day. Very light hearted but he did specifically mention student groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Eight home games of roughly 3 hours each=24 hours. If fans can't be fans for 24 hours out of an entire season........who needs them?

The coaching staff and players bust their tails all year long to give us the best team in CFB and we can't give them 24 hous to show our appreciation? That's crazy.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Hope this becomes the 'Norm', rather than the 'Exception'.
If students won't use their tickets, they should loose them...

Besides... It's kinda nice to stick around for
'Rammer Jammer'... RTR. :BigA:

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The university's guidelines for the block seating lists "excessive tardiness or early departure from the stadium" as "unacceptable behavior," according to the Birmingham News.
Wow. It will be weird to see the south end zone bleachers actually occupied in the 4th quarter.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
It is actually a fraternity/sorority cultural thing that needs to change. Its cool to leave early. The score of the game doesn't always have much to do with it. Bama is not the only school that has this problem...it occurs throughout the SEC. Ole Miss probably has this problem worse than anyone. There, a lot of students just party outside and never even enter the game....and when they do, they make a brief showing and leave very early.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.