2014 Recruiting: List of remaining prospects for 2014

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Sorry for all the Joe Mixon updates but this is one recruiting story that really intrigues me. He posted on twitter last night:

⚡PRIMETIME!!!⚡@Joe_MainMixon4h
Just Got off the phone with Alabama and they're coming to see me next week #RollTide

I love that this kid wants to play for Alabama. Would hate to miss on LF but he doesnt appear like too much of a drop off.

Frankly, I don't understand how he wouldn't be a take regardless. If someone that good wants to play for us that much, I would try to find room for him.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Frankly, I don't understand how he wouldn't be a take regardless. If someone that good wants to play for us that much, I would try to find room for him.
same can be said for Roc a few months back. Considering the guys we brought in last year, our approach this year seems to be home run or bust.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
same can be said for Roc a few months back. Considering the guys we brought in last year, our approach this year seems to be home run or bust.
The Roc issue has been beaten like a dead horse. But from what little I know from watching footage, I think Mixon looks better.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
is Brian Wallace still in the "take" column? We are getting short on spots available.
Yes. He is OT that staff is high on. Plus, we don't know if Jackson will get done academically what he needs to do, so our only true OT right nowthat has no questions is Cam.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
I'm starting to think that we'll end up with: Humphrey, Mixon (if/when he gets an offer), Tabor, Wallace, Hampton, and one of Elam/Pettway. And it looks like we just might have the room to pull that off with Bessent likely to flip to Auburn, and at least 3 current guys that might end up being casualties because of grades.

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010
Quick question: I havent really followed our receiver recruits like previous years. Who would we rather have Johnnie Dixon or Travis Rudolph? Which one do we have a better chance at?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Quick question: I havent really followed our receiver recruits like previous years. Who would we rather have Johnnie Dixon or Travis Rudolph? Which one do we have a better chance at?
Dixon to both questions, but he's still likely a Hurricane.

LagunaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 6, 2013
Sorry for all the Joe Mixon updates but this is one recruiting story that really intrigues me. He posted on twitter last night:

⚡PRIMETIME!!!⚡@Joe_MainMixon4h
Just Got off the phone with Alabama and they're coming to see me next week #RollTide

I love that this kid wants to play for Alabama. Would hate to miss on LF but he doesnt appear like too much of a drop off.
Tweted this on Dec. 11. Seems like he may be a fallback if Fournette falls through. No tweet about Brown calling though. Maybe a secret from Fournette then?
⚡PRIMETIME!!!⚡ ‏@Joe_MainMixon 11 Dec Just got done meeting with Coach Brown from Alabama! Great Guy and can't wait till the Call comes when he's in Tuscaloosa. #RollTide

LagunaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 6, 2013
I'll go out on a limb, haha, and say this: There will probably be at least one more flip TO Bama that no one is expecting. #Saban

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I think we can simplify (or complicate) the list further....

Who has a spot?

1. Fournette or Thomas
2. Hand or bust
3. Carter or Evans
4. Elam or bust
5. Hootie Jones
6. CJ Hampton
7. Hall or Malone or neither
8. Tony Brown or Tabor or neither
9. Brian Wallace or bust
10. Humphrey

I think we can write off McMillian, Smith, Dupre, Brown and Blanding (even with UVA troubles).
Well, it looks like this list has cleared up a bit since October RTO. Can you give us an updated picture? I know that there are always late comers that find their way in our classes as well - any guesses?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.