Saban responds to student section sign "we'll stay for 60 if you stay forever"

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007
Saban responds to student section sign "we'll stay for 60 if you stay forever"

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- A few minutes after Alabama put the wraps on its 45-10 victory over Tennessee, a reporter informed Nick Saban of a sign held by a fan at Saturday's game.

"We'll stay for 60 if you stay forever," it read.

Saban, who criticized the fans who left last week's rout of Arkansas, smiled and said it "sounds like a good deal to me" as he began an answer that sounded a lot like the one he offered last month when his name was linked to a potential opening at Texas.

"I love it here," he said. "I'm too damn old to go some place else and start all over, I can tell you that."

More http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i...thday_nears_alabama.html#incart_flyout_sports

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Re: Saban responds to student section sign "we'll stay for 60 if you stay forever"

If anyone heard Eli's broadcast, he mentioned CNS went to the 10-yard line, and thanked all the fans. CNS re-iterated that, in his post-game interview. He wants the fans to consider they are part of the team (and therefore, The Process), and he sounded pleased at the level of fan support.

His "outburst" may have been aimed primarily at the block seating frat rats, but it was no accident he did this before a big rivalry game. Especially one with so many recruits in attendance.

Can't speak for all of us who watched from their sofa, but seeing a packed house, for the whole game, was greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

RTR!

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Re: Saban responds to student section sign "we'll stay for 60 if you stay forever"

Awesome. Coach Saban is the Master. We are being processed as well as this young team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I love Coach Saban!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

If anyone heard Eli's broadcast, he mentioned CNS went to the 10-yard line, and thanked all the fans. CNS re-iterated that, in his post-game interview. He wants the fans to consider they are part of the team (and therefore, The Process), and he sounded pleased at the level of fan support.

His "outburst" may have been aimed primarily at the block seating frat rats, but it was no accident he did this before a big rivalry game. Especially one with so many recruits in attendance.

Can't speak for all of us who watched from their sofa, but seeing a packed house, for the whole game, was greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

RTR!
FYI, I was there for Arky game and it wasn't just the greeks. There were more band members than regular students after halftime. There is not doubt the greeks are usually the 1st to leave, but the Arky game it was all the students.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Ah, but it got their attention, as well, didn't it!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Near the end of the game CBS showed a student with a 'I'm still here' sign. Love it.
ALSO... Seems Coach Saban is training the Frat Boys too. Wonders never cease.

Got to say I never really consider a game is over till the fat lady sings... ('Rammer Jammer')

NJRollTide

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 20, 2009

It's always nice to hear him say it, even if it is once a month. Just reinforces it and keeps us happy

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

Awesome!

RTR!!!!

Near the end of the game CBS showed a student with a 'I'm still here' sign. Love it.
ALSO... Seems Coach Saban is training the Frat Boys too. Wonders never cease.

Got to say I never really consider a game is over till the fat lady sings... ('Rammer Jammer')
It was a night sight to see on TV. They stayed and looked to have a good time.

Sent from my iPhone

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

FYI, I was there for Arky game and it wasn't just the greeks. There were more band members than regular students after halftime. There is not doubt the greeks are usually the 1st to leave, but the Arky game it was all the students.

As someone who never attended the University, do the greeks consider themselves royalty or something? When I was at Okie State, anytime some frat kid stepped out of line, there was always ALWAYS someone to make sure it was handled. And this is true anywhere on campus, at parties, even in the classroom. One SAE guy tried arguing with our teacher, something about missed assignments and he told the teacher, do you know who I am, and the teacher looked at him, and said "i do not know or care who you are, if you have such an issue you can leave and drop my class" never saw him in class again, but i did see him at the stUnion, and i ran my mouth at him a little and nobody came outof the walls and strung me up by my boxers or anything. The way you guys talk about the Bama Greeks, well hell, not just you guys, but the Bama Greek general opinion is rather negative, i feel like if I ran my mouth at some of those guys i might have to say hello to a few of his 'brothers'.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

All I'm gonna say is I am proud of all the fans who supported the team Saturday.

You may not think so now but 35 years later I can still see Coach Bryant strolling the field during warm ups.

One day you will remember Coach Saban the same way. Coach Bryant was not shy about telling fans how to behave.

So, Thank You all, again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.