Game Thread: UCLA @ Oregon

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
UCLA has made a game of it so far. Tied at 14-14 with 17 seconds left in the 1st half with Oregon threatening.

Edit: UCLA's defense forced a field goal attempt and the kicker (who seems to have been there forever missing critical kicks) missed a 37 yard attempt.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..Not impressed with The Ducks..UCLA is good, but, The Ducks have done a lot of talking or should say their fans have..I have a feeling The Ducks will get beat tonight & set up a Bama-FSU NC Game..

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
UCLA is employing the same method that we use against mobile QBs. They're daring Mariotta to beat them with his arm. And they have some excellent tacklers in space (i.e. Anthony Barr, a unanimous pre-season All-Mack team guy)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
UCLA is employing the same method that we use against mobile QBs. They're daring Mariotta to beat them with his arm. And they have some excellent tacklers in space (i.e. Anthony Barr, a unanimous pre-season All-Mack team guy)
Yup..This looks a lot like the Stanford game last year..Just not impressed with The Ducks..They could still turn it on in the 2nd, but, UCLA D isn't afraid of them & looks pretty dang good on the D side of the ball..They just don't have much of an offense, if they did, they will run away with this game in the 2nd half..JMO

Yup..This looks a lot like the Stanford game last year..Just not impressed with The Ducks..They could still turn it on in the 2nd, but, UCLA D isn't afraid of them & looks pretty dang good on the D side of the ball..They just don't have much of an offense, if they did, they will run away with this game in the 2nd half..JMO
The Ducks run a scheme. If you can defend, you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Oregon is very lucky that this game is tied. In order to do that, they had to pick off the UCLA QB in the red zone, fake a punt (which lead to a TD), and stop UCLA twice in Oregon territory (including on a fourth down stop from what would have been a 49 yard field goal I believe).

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Oregon doesn't look that great, but they didn't against Washington either until the 2nd half. I think they are a little overrated at this point, which is funny because at the beginning of the year they thought the same of us, but we keep getting better every week.

I still think they will turn it around in the 2nd half, pretty much just because of quality depth. I would love nothing more than Jim Mora and his team to put a beating on them though.

Oregon doesn't look that great, but they didn't against Washington either until the 2nd half. I think they are a little overrated at this point, which is funny because at the beginning of the year they thought the same of us, but we keep getting better every week.

I still think they will turn it around in the 2nd half, pretty much just because of quality depth. I would love nothing more than Jim Mora and his team to put a beating on them though.
Washington helped them out in that game.

Sent from my iPhone

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Please let UCLA win! As much as I would love to see Bama shut Oregon down in the NGC, I really want them to lose if for nothing more then to shut there fans up, especially one that has been running his mouth around here lately.

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
An Oregon loss would make Bama and FSU the only undefeated powerhouses. Ohio State's schedule and struggle with those teams puts them out outside.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
You can't afford to do a quick three and out against Oregon. That's always a big gift to their offense.

Edit: Wow, speaking of gifts, Oregon turns it over in the red zone. Sloppy play by both teams thus far.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.