Brick By Brick

single wing1

Suspended
Oct 11, 2005
I believe this game was the beginning of the end of Butch Jones HC career at UT. The Crimson Tide crushed his " improving " team easily. Recruits will now bail out.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I believe this game was the beginning of the end of Butch Jones HC career at UT. The Crimson Tide crushed his " improving " team easily. Recruits will now bail out.
Wow. I'm glad our recruits didn't have this attitude after the ULM loss in 2007.

One loss doesn't doom Butch Jones.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Doubt it means that...

But, he might learn a lesson about not poking a bear in the woods.

When asked why he called Alabama the "red team" he rambled on about Alabama being a great team and I thought he said something about respect.

Seems doing what he did was saying one thing and doing something else.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Disagree. One starting season does not a career make. I don't think any rational person expected BJ to jump off to a winning season this soon. Heck, even CNS had a "starting season". It takes time to instill the right system and recruit the right players to run it. If, after 3 or 4 seasons, they're no better off, then yes, maybe the PTB at UT will think of making another change. But for now, give him time.

Volguy

Suspended
Oct 19, 2013
Lol...hardly. Bama has a huuuuuuuuge speed advantage that can only be rectified with recruiting. Butch is playing with 8 walk ons on our two deep. We will be a force again and sooner than you expect. The Dobbs kid acquitted him self quite well for his first outing. You'll see more of him in the next few years.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Lol...hardly. Bama has a huuuuuuuuge speed advantage that can only be rectified with recruiting. Butch is playing with 8 walk ons on our two deep. We will be a force again and sooner than you expect. The Dobbs kid acquitted him self quite well for his first outing. You'll see more of him in the next few years.
Great recruiting changes a lot of things real fast. See Alabama '07 to '08-'13 for proof.

However, that is just half of it. Got a coach 'em up when you get 'em. Butch we'll get his chance and it'll be see if he can truly bring UT back to its former glory.

Minedweller

Dec 16, 2012
I don't think there will be any moving vans spotted in his yard anytime soon. The Vols have improved and didn't quit yesterday. They just ran into a buzz saw that they couldn't deal with.

They are getting it together. Bama is just superior in EVERY WAY! They'll be fine. He's been recruiting well. Definitely not the end of him, but beat Bama is just a different monster. It is the hardest of rows to hoe.

Sent from my iPhone

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
All Butch has to do this year is show improvement over Dooley. Who else are the Vols going to hire? They struggled to get anyone to take the job last year.

I think Butch Jones has more than proven he can fire the team up. He's also done so much better recruiting than Dooley. The PTB are probably very pleased with him at this point.

Saying that, the Vols are staring right into the sights of Mizzou and Auburn. It'll make me happy if they beat the Barn. Their schedule has been brutally unfair.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't see BJ going anywhere anytime soon, but it's worth noting this is the biggest margin of victory we've had over ut since CNS arrived. Even Dooley kept the game closer...

I'm still not sold on BJ being a great coach.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Lol...hardly. Bama has a huuuuuuuuge speed advantage that can only be rectified with recruiting. Butch is playing with 8 walk ons on our two deep. We will be a force again and sooner than you expect. The Dobbs kid acquitted him self quite well for his first outing. You'll see more of him in the next few years.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking this year.

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
If Butch Jones is in danger then so are Bret Bielema and Mark Stoops. Measuring a coach's first season against the team's performance against Alabama would likely get any coached fired. Tennessee may not be very good yet but they've been more competetive than in recent years.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Not by a long shot.

Recruits will stick around because some of them figure they can step in and start.
CBJ didn't create a mess at Tennessee, he was hired to fix it.
While I liked CDD, he never got a 'Signature Win'. CBJ got his last week.

LASTLY... No shame in loosing to the #1 team in America. :BigA:
(Shame is when you 'Roll Over' for Ky, and Vandy and your guys quit on you)

One more thing... Butch wasn't wearing the ugly Orange pants.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.