Do we need Auburn to win out until the Ironbowl?

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
With Mizzou dropping out,VT losing and LSU hasn't looked spectacular.I'm worried about being on the outside looking in.Auburn could end up being our best win.Should we hope they win the rest of their games until we play them?

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
The only way we're on the outside is if we lose a game. Look at our BCS score right now compared to FSU. We're way ahead of them, and the coaches are not going to drop us down without a loss. We'll be there if we win out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Won't matter, except it would be nice if auburn won, and got their usual inflated opinion of their abilities.
I like to knock em down a notch or three.

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007
Say what????!!

As said, no we don't need the Barn for anything. EVER.

Just win out and destroy them in their home! LSU is all we need to be thinking about. The Barn will get theirs in due time. They have been running their mouth A LOT this year. They have been trying to destroy our program. Karma will sort them out.

Last edited:

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Look at the talking heads for your answer. Every week I hear "who deserves to be number 2?". They banter between Oregon, FSU, and OSU. Never do they question the number one slot. Pretty much says it all. Just win.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
With Mizzou dropping out,VT losing and LSU hasn't looked spectacular.I'm worried about being on the outside looking in.Auburn could end up being our best win.Should we hope they win the rest of their games until we play them?
As your avatar might say "The G stands for 'Gonna be in the BCSCG if we win out'".

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm pretty sure they'll win out until the iron bowl. I don't see them losing to UGA or mizzou. Do we need them to? Nah. Bit IMO they will.

RMRJMR

Scout Team
Dec 29, 2008
Madison, AL
No, don't really care what games they win or lose until we play them. We have 3 more games to play before them and we need to concentrate on those games one by one.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
They are number 8 in the new AP with ARK, TENN and GA left before us. Do we need them too? No. But I see them beating ARK and no worse than 1 and 1 vs the other 2 with a decent chance of winning all 3. I have mixed feeling on this. On the one hand it is nice to see them lose all their games, but on the other it is just great when they think they are actually gonna beat us only to be brought down to reality with a brutal beating. After last years - lost all most all their games, I guess I am ok with the other hand this year - let em win out then get curb stomped by us. Sounds good to me.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Don't sell the orange puke short next week, they are at home and they can match the barn when it comes to being physical. As for the dawgs, if Gurley is back and one or two others (receivers) from injury (I don't think they were all season-ending, but I could be wrong), well, this is a rivalry that at least from the dawg's perspective, matches Bama/orange puke. They have a shot.
I could care less if the barn wins or loses any other games before they play Bama...I just want to hear Rammer Jammer in that stadium, even if I only hear it on TV.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.