Do we need Auburn to win out until the Ironbowl?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Having a healthy Gurley back will improve UGA's odds against the boogs, but UGA has no defense either, so defensively the UGA boogs game from that standpoint is a wash. I just do not see UGA beating the boogs on the plains. As for Arkansas, IMO they will play the boogs closer than they played us, but not by much.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
True and that reinforces my point. Legion Field was never named the Iron Bowl either. I was simply trying to show that a name of a game can transfer easily to a new venue and isn't necessarily tied to a stadium.
But one reason it was called the Iron Bowl was because the 50-50 ticket split was like a bowl game (and that is something some people miss)

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I haven't read anything in the thread...but the answer is no. They can lose out for all I care...and I think UGA gets them.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I wouldn't pull for Auburn if the flight engine was out on the team plane.*

* - unless it would help us.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
NEED them to, no. BUT, how much more impressive would a victory to close out the season against a top 10 team be, considering that no one else would be able to make that claim. Just sayin'?

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
We don't need them.

However... I look at things a little differently. I'd like to see them win every game between now and when we play them. Not because I like them, but because I hate them.
I want them high as a kite.
I want their fans talking smack like Jim Rome on a meth bender.
I want them to think that they have a shot at Atlanta.
I want them thinking National Championship.
I want to crush their dreams.
I want their pregame giddiness to make the fall that much harder.
I don't want them on the three meter board.
I want them on a cliff in Acapulco.
I want the belly-flop to hurt!

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
I would just as we'll see them have crushing defeats to Ark, Tenn and Ga before playing Bama and then their loss in the Iron Bowl cements their trip to Shreveport in Dec.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.