Multiple angles of Kevin Norwood's amazing catch against the Viles.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Was it an ESPN top ten?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I wish we could find a stat on his percentage of passes he catches that comes his way. I can't remember very many drop passes.

He is definitely the most underrated WR....that we have had in a while.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Another amazing catch by Kevin....at another key time in the game. It's uncanny how he continues to do that. Here's hoping he continues his streak against the Who.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I would have tripped over my own feet trying to adjust like that.

One of the coolest physical plays I have seen since Prothro's Catch!

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Most underrated receiver in the SEC; nay, the nation!
You know I just don't get it. I watch guys dropping balls all day long on Sundays, Mondays & Thursdays. Almost every NFL team needs Norwood but he is not getting the attention. He has been a consistent Big Play guy at Alabama.

bbqman

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2006
Decatur, AL
Take note of the orange band on his right wrist. That is for 7 yr old Braxton Voss of Priceville - who is fighting a tough battle against Leukemia. He and his family are fellow church members and neighbors of mine.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
In the after game interview on the field AJ said he was going to be mad at Kevin for mis-timing his jump and missing the pass but he said Kevin makes these kind of catches all the time in practice and it did not surprise him. Kevin will be making catches next year and he will be missed badly.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
In the after game interview on the field AJ said he was going to be mad at Kevin for mis-timing his jump and missing the pass but he said Kevin makes these kind of catches all the time in practice and it did not surprise him. Kevin will be making catches next year and he will be missed badly.
Truth of the matter is, Kevin made a great adjustment to a no so on the mark pass by AJ. It would have been on AJ had he not made a miracle catch.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Imo, the vacuum left from both AJ and Norwood leaving will be huge.
While I agree to an extent with what you are saying, I don't think the drop off will be as big as we think. We have a great crew of young receivers that will be great and there will be a Norwood type in the bunch. There's too much talent not to be. Danielson actually discussed this yesterday during the broadcast. He even highlighted Robert Foster as the next "name" in the Saban era. As far as the QB goes, we have as much young talent as there ever has been on the Capstone. One "big" thing we will miss is leadership but that will be developed in time. There may be one or two years where we don't have the production/leadership we are used to but our staff is excellent at player development.

Norwood is the type of receiver the NFL wants. GREAT route runner and very soft hands. Barring injury he will play in the league for a while. That really was an amazing catch (understatement I know).

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.