2013 "Game of the Century" - Oregon vs. Stanford

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
1. This game is big, even though many of you aren't acknowledging it. Stanford has been molded to resemble an Alabama team, so it's a chance to see how Oregon will do against that style of offense and defense.

2. Last year, without this game, we would NOT have made it to the national championship....or have you all already forgotten "chaos saturday" when k-state and oregon fell?

3. i see the threads been hijacked and turned into an lsu/bama thread, and all i have to say is for those of you that "aren't worried".....last year metzenburg was crappy all season...until the day he showed up and almost blew the doors off of us in that incredible game. underestimate lsu if you want, but it's a foolish decision.

4. i'm excited to see the oregon/stanford game, as i respect oregon and like stanford (any school with those scholastic standards that has that good of a football program is impressive.)
I have plenty of respect for Oregon and if they make it through their schedule and we make it through ours, I will be all about the game. Meanwhile, I am bored with hearing about them in relentless unmeasurable superlatives ... If I want that, I will visit their board (without even once telling everyone there how great Bama is). Personally, I think Stanford will wax their buns again this year and this conversation will be pushed back another year. Until they prove otherwise, Oregon is a green Boise St. with cooler hats ... and Alabama is still Alabama.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Win this one and we've reached the summit of the mountain and are cruising down the other side with Bama looming on the distant horizon like the land of Mordor and nothing but an open plain separating us from the goal. How do you think it'll play out? How do you hope it'll play out? What do you think you'll learn from this game?
But you didn't...and you weren't even close

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
So, where is the guy with the user name that conjures up thoughts of the wehrmacht?

"Mr. Liebkind, we are here to talk about your play."
"You mean 'Springtime for you-know-who'?"

(Trying hard to suppress making comments about hiding in the bunker.........................)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
oregonbltzkrieg hasn't checked in here either?

COME ON MAN!!
I suspect he'll not return. Someone as haughty as he is based on winning absolutely nothing rarely sticks around to continue the discussions. He might drop back in at some point, but will likely not be posting the seemingly 30x/day about how awesome their little team is.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Teams are always saying they "want Bama" and such but ya know.....it's hot in the bright spotlight. Teams have crumbled under the weight of it the past few years.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I suspect he'll not return. Someone as haughty as he is based on winning absolutely nothing rarely sticks around to continue the discussions. He might drop back in at some point, but will likely not be posting about how awesome their little Xbox team is.
FIFY.

See what I did there...............rearrange a few letters, remove a few more and............voila!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I suspect he'll not return.
So, if he does return, might I be as bold to suggest the following:

We change his user name to Canard a l'Orange, and give him a UTavatar.

Change his signature line to something like "We scored more points against 10RC than you did, so we want............uh, what...........huh? Stanford? What about Stanford? Oh, we have to play them first. Yeah, but............huh........uh........oh. Never mind."

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.