Link: The World is Tired of Bama (Like many suggested)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If I were a fan of any other football program, I'm sure I'd be tired of the Bama Domination, it must get old watching the Crimson Tide continued domination of college football..We've pretty much have "Processed" college football itself as a whole..It's great times for us Bama Fans that's for sure..

Chinacat

Sep 19, 2006
I, myself, am a creature of habit. Accordingly, I like the way things have been going the last few years. Not boring one bit. Maybe this William Faulkner quote might explain the non-Tide fans problem. "It is a fine faculty of the mind, to slough off that which it is unable to assimilate." Light in August
I wonder if it's the average fan that's tired of Alabama, or if it's the media? And by default if that's all they're hearing...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If I were a fan of any other football program, I'm sure I'd be tired of the Bama Domination,
Honestly, if it were being done like this, I think I'd respect it. What Bama's been doing for the last six years is precisely what I've always wanted to see in my ideal football team. While I've never liked LSU, I remember absolutely respecting them in the 2003 season - I've never seen anyone dominate Alabama like LSU did that year. I distinctly recall wishing we could look like that. Never dreamt we'd look even better...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree 100% with ya Brad..And when Coach Saban built that monster he did at LSU, I too wished that was Bama Football, and more times than not, there's cheating going on when college football teams gets that good..You just knew Coach Saban ran a clean football program at LSU..That's the main reason I wanted him at Bama soooo dang bad, I wanted us to run a dominant, clean football program, and thankfully that's exactly what "The Process" has brought to Crimson Tide Football..Much to the dismay of the 'Haters..Coach Saban doesn't cheat..

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Everybody enjoy it. One of these days it WILL end badly for us as someone stands over our prostrate form.

It happened to Alabama in Bryant-Denny against Southern Miss in 1982. I've seen dynasty after dynasty crumble - heck, we destroyed Miami's in the 1993 Sugar Bowl.

Enjoy it. Have fun with it. And hope it lasts longer than you or I live.

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Maybe tired of losing to Bama. I'm glad there's a team in CFB that is so good and so dominant that they set the standard and provide a measuring stick to inspire other teams to become better in order to be able to compete with them. Bama is great for CFB for these reasons. Everyone needs something to aspire to, everyone needs a challenge, and everyone wants a champion that they can get into the ring with and give their best shot at.
Thanks for the classy and gracious post. After a week of listening to the multitude of FSU fans that have suddenly appeared after years of hibernation, your comments are a welcome change.

JAXFLBAMAFAN

All-SEC
Nov 30, 1999
Jacksonville FL
So the public is tired of Bama? Were they tired of "Switzerland" in the 70's Spurrier in the 90s?

Oh well friend pull up a chair, it's liable to be a while before you get your wish! :cool2:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Everybody enjoy it. One of these days it WILL end badly for us as someone stands over our prostrate form.

It happened to Alabama in Bryant-Denny against Southern Miss in 1982. I've seen dynasty after dynasty crumble - heck, we destroyed Miami's in the 1993 Sugar Bowl.

Enjoy it. Have fun with it. And hope it lasts longer than you or I live.
Exactly..This "Dynasty" will end one day as you stated, but, as long as we're not handcuffed by BS NCAA penalties..Bama will always field a winning football program..It may not be as dominant as the "Saban Era", we will have a winning football program, if Dubose & Shula can field a 10 win season at Bama..That tells me the football program can run itself to a winning season, just as long the NCAA stays off our backside that is..

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Bama has 5 more games to play this year and I suspect that every single one of them wants to stomp us so far in the ground that we will never be heard of again. Sorta like I feel about 10rc and LSU and albarn.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
If I were a fan of any other football program, I'm sure I'd be tired of the Bama Domination, it must get old watching the Crimson Tide continued domination of college football..We've pretty much have "Processed" college football itself as a whole..It's great times for us Bama Fans that's for sure..
I would wish to be more like Bama, than criticize them. But, that is just me. (Says the guy who despises the stinking NY Yankees. The baseball ones...............)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Honestly, if it were being done like this, I think I'd respect it. What Bama's been doing for the last six years is precisely what I've always wanted to see in my ideal football team. While I've never liked LSU, I remember absolutely respecting them in the 2003 season - I've never seen anyone dominate Alabama like LSU did that year. I distinctly recall wishing we could look like that. Never dreamt we'd look even better...
i felt exactly that way during saban's tenure at lsu. a good friend of mine is an LSU fan and we get together for the game most years. those years were misery (except that one year with man boobs) just cause i knew we were going to lose, no matter how close we were keeping the game.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Not to many years ago, no one was tired of us. Heck they all wanted to play us at Homecoming. :redface:
(Referring to the era of 'The Three MIKES')

NOW... Part of the reason for their feelings, is the Coach Saban motto: 'Make their ... quit'.
The promise... 'Make it so no one wants to play us'. It works.

Coaches can refer to us as things like... 'The Red Team'.
To me that means they have already mentally circled a 'L' when they play us.
Yes I think we were in Tennessee's heads the week of their loss. :)

(Sorry for the dots, couldn't think of a nicer way to quote Coach Saban on the forum.)

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
FWIW, it didn't seem as if the college football world was tired of USCw's domination only a decade ago.
Neither Barry Switzer nor Steve Spurrier nor Pete Carroll ever had a stranglehold on college football like Nick Saban has right now.

Sure, things fade, but I suspect this one, when done - and it still has a few years ahead of it - will be indelibly burned into the memory of the college football world for a long, long time...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
In a college football world of "parity", people just can't understand Alabama's success. If Alabama doesn't win the title this year, I wonder if three in a row can ever be accomplished again..
They screwed us in 1966 and just may do it again this year!

What if Oregon, FSU, tOSU, and Alabama end up undefeated and we end up just like in 1966, left out, because everybody is bored with our winning.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
They screwed us in 1966 and just may do it again this year!

What if Oregon, FSU, tOSU, and Alabama end up undefeated and we end up just like in 1966, left out, because everybody is bored with our winning.
I think the term "Defending National Champions" should then come into play. Since we do hold that title, and no other team has been able to "dethrone" us, we should automatically be given the opportunity to defend the title.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I think the term "Defending National Champions" should then come into play. Since we do hold that title, and no other team has been able to "dethrone" us, we should automatically be given the opportunity to defend the title.
.....Should have happened in 1966 also.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.