Link: The World is Tired of Bama (Like many suggested)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Well it's really blows for the rest of college football since Coach Saban let it be known he's going to be at Bama 'til he retires..The only thing that can make them feel better, is there's always that chance, the selection committee with the new playoff system feels the same way & sticks it to Bama the 1st chance they get..And I have a feeling they will if given that chance..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
What I don't understand is why people feel that this brand of football is boring.

We roll up yards and points in high enough numbers. Is it just that most fans nowadays simply don't like or respect defensive play? The love of these 63-56 type scores makes me wonder why we even bother with defensive players at all? Why not simply play against air if you enjoy games in which teams score on every possession?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
What I don't understand is why people feel that this brand of football is boring.

We roll up yards and points in high enough numbers. Is it just that most fans nowadays simply don't like or respect defensive play? The love of these 63-56 type scores makes me wonder why we even bother with defensive players at all? Why not simply play against air if you enjoy games in which teams score on every possession?
Exactly..As long as we keep on winning NC's with a strong balanced offense & strong D, they can either respect it or take up college BBall as far as I'm concerned..

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
In a college football world of "parity", people just can't understand Alabama's success. If Alabama doesn't win the title this year, I wonder if three in a row can ever be accomplished again..

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Because most games aren't even competitive. While I prefer blowouts over close games, most folks who don't have a vested interest in a team want to see a close matchup, not 35-0 at halftime (sorry viles)...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Because most games aren't even competitive. While I prefer blowouts over close games, most folks who don't have a vested interest in a team want to see a close matchup, not 35-0 at halftime (sorry viles)...
Oh yes, I understand that the casual fan wants a close game. But there are so many fans/media out there that clamor for these Baylor/Oregon type games with high scores on both sides, yet they abhor games like our recent regular season contests with LSU.

I guarantee you that if we'd lost to LSU 45-42 in 2011, everyone would have wanted a rematch that year.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I believe it is more that they are tired of Bama's success. The rules keep shifting to make it harder for not only Bama, but The SEC to win out. See how that's working out so far?
If the new selection committee works fairly I don't think things will shake out too differently in the coming years and there will still be disgruntled fans from other teams and conferences. Here's hoping that is the case! If we can't lift the crystal I want another SEC team to do it, with the exception of two of them of course (they both wear orange).

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Maybe tired of losing to Bama. I'm glad there's a team in CFB that is so good and so dominant that they set the standard and provide a measuring stick to inspire other teams to become better in order to be able to compete with them. Bama is great for CFB for these reasons. Everyone needs something to aspire to, everyone needs a challenge, and everyone wants a champion that they can get into the ring with and give their best shot at.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
It is just amazing to me that not so long ago we were a laughing stock and let's face it, it was no big deal beating us. Now we have others hating us again like the Bryant days but at the time if they truly are honest respecting us just the same. I for one say let the hating continue!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Maybe tired of losing to Bama. I'm glad there's a team in CFB that is so good and so dominant that they set the standard and provide a measuring stick to inspire other teams to become better in order to be able to compete with them. Bama is great for CFB for these reasons. Everyone needs something to aspire to, everyone needs a challenge, and everyone wants a champion that they can get into the ring with and give their best shot at.
I agree - Alabama and Nick Saban have raised the bar in many ways, and college football is beginning to respond. I am not sure that anyone will catch both, as Alabama/Saban are a formidable combination - but Saban will retire eventually. Until then, you just work hard and play the games. Alabama will not win every game. When they slip up, you have to be prepared to take advantage.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
For as long as I remember, Bama has always been used as a standard by which other teams measure themselves, their own progress (or lack thereof), or competitiveness in the conference. Bama has also always had a target on it's back and as a general rule, nearly always gets their competitor's best game.
Being hated for our success is nothing new to Tide Fans.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.