Game Thread: Cincinnati - Memphis

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Anyone else watching this game on ESPN2..It's actually been a descent game so far, I still hope Tubbs loses every game he coaches, I do like Cincinnati's road white uni's though, they remind me of my old high school teams uni's..LOL

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Just turned it on, might watch it, might not - haha.

I have a couple of friends who scored sideline passes on the Memphis sideline - not sure what it takes, probably donating $20 to the athletic department. I'm pretty sure $50 gets a building named after you at Memphis.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Memphis generates so much football talent each year that school could do well with a decent coach and a smidgen of support from the AD.
Both schools are surrounded by lots & lots of high school football talent..Especially Cincinnati..Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and Michigan all produce lots of talent in that area..And as you stated..Memphis has plenty of talent in its backyard as well..There's no reason both teams shouldn't produce a descent team each year..JMO

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I have a couple of friends who scored sideline passes on the Memphis sideline - not sure what it takes, probably donating $20 to the athletic department. I'm pretty sure $50 gets a building named after you at Memphis.
I hear ya Brad..As much as I love college football..Some games are just freaking boring man..And Criminal Minds comes on at 8..I never miss a new episode of Criminal Minds it's one of my favorite shows on TV..LOL

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
And here's a pic of Walter Wellborn's(my old high school) road white uni's..Looks similar to Cincinnati's road white uni's..Just doesn't have the red trim..

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The Bearcats go into halftime winning 14-7..It's actually has been a descent played game..The D's have been strong on both sides of the ball, in this day & age of high octane offenses, it a breath of fresh air to watch two sound defenses dictate a game for a change..

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

You'd have to pay me $20 to attend this game.

Granted, there is a lot of talent in both areas but they are probably all snapped up by the SEC and Big Ten. Also, both are basketball first schools, which is going to drive away a lot of blue chippers.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
Anyone else watching this game on ESPN2..It's actually been a descent game so far, I still hope Tubbs loses every game he coaches, I do like Cincinnati's road white uni's though, they remind me of my old high school teams uni's..LOL
I will say this about Tuberville; last year, after the regular season ended, he was one of three (IIRC) coaches who voted us numero uno.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I will say this about Tuberville; last year, after the regular season ended, he was one of three (IIRC) coaches who voted us numero uno.
Yup..He may be our rival or was our rival..I remember he also voted us #1when his last year at The Barn, if I remember correctly as well..He's always had respect for Bama Football & I actually think at one time when we were hiring a new HC..He put his name out there as a candidate..Could y'all imagine him at Bama..LOL

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yes, pretty sharp road unis. Is that Leeds they are playing?
Yup..That's when we played Leeds & Jonathan Rose played for them..Too bad he was a Barner "Legacy", cause he was a man among boys & was at another level, as compared to the other Players..He was probably the best pure athlete I've seen on the high school level & would have thrived with Coach Saban & The Process, he really need that discipline, cause I think he could have ade to the NFL under Coach Saban..He was a true "Head Hunter" in the secondary that's for sure..

I remember reading he really wanted to come to Bama, but, Daddy would have none of that, it's a shame too, cause Jonathan needed The Process & it would've been what was truly best for him to come to Bama..JMO

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
WOW..What a boneheaded "Targeting" penalty by the DT on knocking the QB down after he threw the ball..Just a really really stupid play on his part..Ya just can't do that in this day & age of "Sissified" college football & the refs are real trigger happy when it comes to protecting the QB's anyways..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.