Nostalgic Pick the Score: Miami at FSU

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
It's a bye week before one our biggest game remaining so I thought I'd reminisce and pick the score of a once classic rival. Personally I think it will be another Nole beatdown but it is good to see relevant FL schools battle again.

FSU 63
Miami 17

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Miami is considerably better on D than Clemson, I can't see FSU killing them like that, but I think FSU wins.

That said, Miami has some talented athletes, so there's a *slight* chance they can hang with them and pull something out in the end.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Noles 42
Canes 14

FSU is gonna thump Miami as badly as they can. It's the last chance for the Noles to impress the BCS until the ACC championship game. Miami has been really lucky to stay undefeated and they were lucky to beat a weak Florida team.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
FSU 41, Miami 10.

Florida State has been on a scorched Earth campaign the first two months, and Miami was just barely able to do enough to beat struggling Florida, North Carolina, and Wake Forest teams (combined margin of victory over those those three teams, who themselves have combined for twelve losses, is only ten points). Based on that alone, I can't see any reason to assume that Miami can play with FSU in Tallahassee. I'd wager that Florida State would have to lay a decent-sized egg just to make it a relatively close contest.

FWIW, FSU is a 21-point favorite on most books.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Miami has played a pretty weak schedule and is one of the most overrated top 10 teams I think I've ever seen. I think Clemson would beat Miami by 15-20 points and most think Clemson is overrated.

This one is easy, FSU 49 - Miami 13.

CapeHorn

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2012
Usually hope for a bomb to go off in this game but saving that for the Tenn/Aub game. Anyways, not going to be much of a game.

FSU 41
MIAMI 13

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Despite the top 10 match up this year, this is still a far cry from the 90s for Miami at least. FSU looks legit, while Miami looks like Alabama circa 2005 after Prothro's injury. As much as I loved that team, they weren't ready for the big boys (though they did courageously give LSU all they wanted and more).

Florida State wins, 48-13.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Florida State is scoring 190% of their opponents' average points allowed, and allowing 51% of their opponents' average points scored.
Miami is scoring 136% of their opponents' average points allowed, and allowing 95% of their opponents' average points scored.

Projected score:

Florida State 49
Miami 17

Another overrated team detonated by Jameis Winston.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
My score was based on exactly what BET mentioned. They have been crushing folks for the style points and I can't go against that theory because it is working for them....except with the computers. The ACC will simply doom their chances if Oregon wins out. And yes Miami is talented on Defense but even good defenses get tired. If Miami goes three and out a bunch like they have done the last 3 weeks they will get absolutely rolled.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.