$60 Million lawsuit filed against BBT by former players

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
"There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum

There is a scam artist born every minute too. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the NFL is a haven for potential victims. We live in a democracy and the only way to prevent this stuff is to saturate new players with veteran players horror stories.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
What struck me when I read the article is how many of these players are from Florida schools. Of the list posted in the article, 9 players are from Miami, 5 are from UF, 1 is from FSU, and 1 from Arkansas.

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
What struck me when I read the article is how many of these players are from Florida schools. Of the list posted in the article, 9 players are from Miami, 5 are from UF, 1 is from FSU, and 1 from Arkansas.
Maybe the players knew each other and word of mouth was involved?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Where did the money siphoned from their bank accounts go? This looks like outright theft to me.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Without comment, I'll just note that I'm not a trial lawyer at all. In fact, the last two major litigations I had to refer out, I sent to Lightfoot, Franklin...
Amen, Earle.

I too am at the complete other end of these types of cases.

In fact, when I had the great pleasure of meeting Ann Coulter in person, and, in response to her asking me, I explained the nature of my practice, she remarked "Oh, so you're the anti-John Edwards".

I have worn that as a badge of honor ever since... :smile:

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Isn't BB&T the one who bought out Colonial?
One in the same---if you dig deeper you'll see that the actual bank name was Bank Atlantic when the transactions took place. BB&T bought that company 2012. I find it almost comical that BB&T bought almost 30 banks between 1998 and 2006---- but only these two since then. There are an unusually large number of interesting names in both banks connected to West Georgia.

Please recall that Jeff Rubin was the man at the center of a drug arrest in Dothan as well as problems with other high profile athletes----------

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2012-0...errell-owens-faces-drug-charges-and-lawsuits/

And that ain't the half of it----------This one seems to have an axe to grind but you're welcome to take what what you will of the stories----

http://sflchronicle.com/sports/2013/08/jeffrey-brett-rubin-career-of-crime/

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Hmmm. I am guessing it was Victoryland. I wonder who all these unauthorized and numerous withdrawals made by? I also have to be curious the timing of all these transactions.

LagunaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 6, 2013
If you meet any current or former execs of banks or insurance firms, TELL them to buy you a drink or give you ten bucks or you'll rip their nuts off. They make 90% of their money ripping off the masses. Same with 99% of trial lawyers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.