Finebaum's new glasses.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I just saw Finebaum on College Football Daily on ESPN. He must have gotten his new glasses off the Ladies rack by mistake!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
He is now an ESPN guy, and all his old camouflaged non political correct ways are gone. They took away much of the comedy from the show, and you can sense that they are trying to slowly weed out the old UA vs AU flavor and replace it with a bigger scope. The result is a show headed towards typical bland boring ESPN mentality.

Yes Paul is a sell out, but I never expected anything differently if the opportunity arose. Paul will ultimately lose his niche' and his independent power as a spokesman for the the SEC. First because he has a face for radio and two because his radio show has been harnessed and tamed. Paul will continue to be the voice because that's what he's paid for now, not because he's the go to guy. In 5 years, Paul will be a shell of himself spreaking for the the SEC via North Carolina.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I enjoy his show much more now because he has more interviews and less stupid callers. I also enjoy most other ESPN shows, like Mike & Mike and Colin Cowherd, a whole lot more then the pathetic local crap around here. I'll listen to local stuff at times to get some local reaction to topics but, the national shows do a much better job discussing topics IMO (and I get some baseball talk which never happens on local shows). Local shows always end up being "Bama" vs "Aub" and it gets old fast.

Last edited:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I've seen him before, but I never realized his ears were that big until he started doing those ESPN spots.:bigear: He definitely has a face for radio.

dave12

All-SEC
Dec 14, 2002
hueytown, al. usa
That Lasic eye surgery that he advertises must not work if he still needs glasses......lol. He's still a buttwad no matter where he is.:biggrin:

RTR:biga2:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He is richer than me....getting paid a ton to be himself.....and talk about football.....

"what a Country!"

I'd rather him over Brando any day...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I enjoy his show much more now because he has more interviews and less stupid callers. I also enjoy most other ESPN shows, like Mike & Mike and Colin Cowherd, a whole lot more then the pathetic local crap around here. I'll listen to local stuff at times to get some local reaction to topics but, the national shows do a much better job discussing topics IMO (and I get some baseball talk which never happens on local shows). Local shows always end up being "......" vs "Aub" and it gets old fast.
Yeah, whenever some idiot calls in and starts rambling, I change the station. I have no idea what the appeal is in those idiots.

I know I'm in the minority but Brando doesn't bother me. I'm not a fan of Cowherd, his voice gets on my nerves, sounds like he's screaming all the time.

I'd really rather hear a local show to get local flavor. I don't care about the NBA at all, very little about the NFL and don't want to sit through interviews with random coaches they have on Sirius all the time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.