Trent's slow start is starting to get noticed. I hope he settles in and get its going

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
i dont even know if that would help. plenty of bulky muscular backs in the NFL but they are way more fluid and less stiff than trent. When i watch him play he just looks so stiff. Like he's playing in a cast or something.
Trent looks muscle bound to me - like you said he almost runs stiff and with no fluidity or lateral movement. So weird because I'm pretty sure he was an award winning sprinter in high school. I wish him the best but his future in the league looks bleak. I hope he saved/invested/managed his money well..

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Trent just seems to run with too high of a center of gravity. He can't get leverage, and that's where his power seems to have gone. He does seem to be much more cautious than he used to be, but it's tough not to be when you are constantly looking over your shoulder and can't get into a rhythm. Trent has been his own worst enemy the past 2 years, but the Colts have done him no favors either.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Trent just doesn't fit in today's NFL. He's not very quick and doesn't have that burst speed to get through a short lived running lane (as most in the NFL are).

Guys like McCoy dominate because they are so dang quick at making cuts through a hole.
Yea this is why if he gets back to his old self Drake will light up the NFL with his speed.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Both Ingram and Lacy have shaved off some bulk this year and are better backs for it (on the few chances MI gets). I think Trent could benefit by following their example...

hotwillz33

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2012
In my opinion, and its just an opinion, he increased his muscle mass without increasing his ability to stay limber. I believe he needs to include yoga and Pilates to stretch his muscles and increase his flexibility. He is built like a body builder but runs so timid. I do agree that the change seems to have affected him mentally as he doesn't lower his pads to initiate the contact, he accepts it. His biggest attribute coming out of college was the violence he ran with!

If he trains with Ingram over the summer and regains his aggression I believe he can regain some of what made him great in college but he will never be an all-pro back.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
In my opinion, and its just an opinion, he increased his muscle mass without increasing his ability to stay limber. I believe he needs to include yoga and Pilates to stretch his muscles and increase his flexibility. He is built like a body builder but runs so timid. I do agree that the change seems to have affected him mentally as he doesn't lower his pads to initiate the contact, he accepts it. His biggest attribute coming out of college was the violence he ran with!

If he trains with Ingram over the summer and regains his aggression I believe he can regain some of what made him great in college but he will never be an all-pro back.
Never say never. Behind the right line in a system that fits his style who knows.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Never say never. Behind the right line in a system that fits his style who knows.
The OLine for the colts isn't great but a competent back can get yards behind then. Herron, who was just signed from the practice squad, ripped off a 50 yarder for a TD in his first game. TR's career long rush is 32 yards..

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
My father, a die hard Browns fan, said he had somewhat of a bad attitude at Cleveland. I haven't heard anyone write that here, but even if it is partially true, it could explain some of his difficulties running between the tackles.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I finally have to admit Trent just isn't going to cut it in the NFL. I hope he can find something else to go do. He always seems very well spoken so maybe he can go finish his degree and get a gig on the SEC network?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I finally have to admit Trent just isn't going to cut it in the NFL. I hope he can find something else to go do. He always seems very well spoken so maybe he can go finish his degree and get a gig on the SEC network?
I think that he could make a great FB, but he would have to totally change his mind set and have a team give him a shot in that capacity.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Bama's had a bunch of top running backs since Saban arrived, if I had to pick a favorite it would be Trent. It's stunning to me he can't seem to get going in the pros. I never saw that coming.

hotwillz33

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2012

Well, he runs as if he doesn't trust his instincts which tells me there is zero confidence in himself. I mentioned this a few years ago, he doesn't seem to have the same passion or hunger to be great that he had when he was a Freshman and Sophomore. He really has been on a steady decline and I thought the Jim Brown comment would have motivated him beyond belief, and to some extent it did. However the trade, rule change, and constant criticism from everyone involved has shattered whatever confidence and hunger he had. I enjoyed watching him demoralize future pro players in the SEC but sadly to say he isn't the same player.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
He will probably get a minimum salary deal from a team next year. If he does it will be his last shot to prove himself..

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Well, he runs as if he doesn't trust his instincts which tells me there is zero confidence in himself. I mentioned this a few years ago, he doesn't seem to have the same passion or hunger to be great that he had when he was a Freshman and Sophomore. He really has been on a steady decline and I thought the Jim Brown comment would have motivated him beyond belief, and to some extent it did. However the trade, rule change, and constant criticism from everyone involved has shattered whatever confidence and hunger he had. I enjoyed watching him demoralize future pro players in the SEC but sadly to say he isn't the same player.
I agree. He was a solid, not great back at Cleveland. He wasn't terrible, which he is now. His confidence is suffering badly and he's making himself look worse than he is. Hopefully he can get a gig as a second-string back and make some changes to his approach.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.