Trent's slow start is starting to get noticed. I hope he settles in and get its going

hotwillz33

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2012
Totally agree....He has the ability but does he have the desire to change. He really resembles a fullback in stature now, makes me wonder what his shuttle time would be now.

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
The article brings up a good point in that TR had as good an OLine blocking for him, as there can be in college football, that still doesn't take away just how goo a RB TR truly is..If the OLine don't open up hole for the RB's in the NFL, I don't care who the RB is, that RB isn't going to look good at all..A RB can't get by on his talent alone in the NFL..
The elite top 5 RB's can imo average 3.5+ ypc with 90% of the NFL teams. I though Alexander and Lacy both had the size, quickness and vision of Richardson but were bigger. You can call it luck, but I have told my father for 2 years that Lacy would be the better NFL back. Unless Richardson and Ingram improve, we might have to admit that they were a little overrated. Coach Saban makes all of our players look better because of coaching and the knack for showing a player's strength. We all laughed at Jim Brown, but he probably does know more about judging a RB than anyone in this board.

Teams are now starting to stack the front, because of Lacy. It's been a long time since that's happened to the packer's. I believe they play on MNF.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
If they stack the box versus Lacy, Rodgers will eat them alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The elite top 5 RB's can imo average 3.5+ ypc with 90% of the NFL teams. I though Alexander and Lacy both had the size, quickness and vision of Richardson but were bigger. You can call it luck, but I have told my father for 2 years that Lacy would be the better NFL back. Unless Richardson and Ingram improve, we might have to admit that they were a little overrated. Coach Saban makes all of our players look better because of coaching and the knack for showing a player's strength. We all laughed at Jim Brown, but he probably does know more about judging a RB than anyone in this board.

Teams are now starting to stack the front, because of Lacy. It's been a long time since that's happened to the packer's. I believe they play on MNF.
I think it's a stretch to call them overrated. Overdrafted? Maybe. No way were they overrated as college players. Someone can be a great college player and be an average nfl player. Happens all the time.

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
I think it's a stretch to call them overrated. Overdrafted? M
Post of the year! No more mean spirited "overrated" tags......they were just "overdrafted" lol. We should clarify the definition of "overdrafted", like what causes this phenomenon to happen and why it's different from being graded higher by football establishment?

Overdrafted: A player graded higher exclusively limited to those individuals that deal with the NFL draft.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Post of the year! No more mean spirited "overrated" tags......they were just "overdrafted" lol. We should clarify the definition of "overdrafted", like what causes this phenomenon to happen and why it's different from being graded higher by football establishment?

Overdrafted: A player graded higher exclusively limited to those individuals that deal with the NFL draft.
Not sure if you were making fun of my previous post. I was saying that they were not overrated as college players. I don't know how you can be overrated in the nfl if you never played in the nfl. I think most people would agree that at this point MI and TR were both drafted to high for the production level they have had SO FAR. My whole point was that if a great college player doesn't pan out in the nfl that doesn't make him any less of a college player. But everyone labels them as overrated like they weren't even good in college...

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
Not sure if you were making fun of my previous post. I was saying that they were not overrated as college players. I don't know how you can be overrated in the nfl if you never played in the nfl. I think most people would agree that at this point MI and TR were both drafted to high for the production level they have had SO FAR. My whole point was that if a great college player doesn't pan out in the nfl that doesn't make him any less of a college player. But everyone labels them as overrated like they weren't even good in college...
We are talking about the Trent, NFL and expectations, the thread title? A very easy small scope. How is Trent doing as compared to expectations in the NFL? This has nothing to do with judging or putting down Trent's college achievements or skills. You are basically implying that I believe every Heisman winners college abilities and accomplishments are diminished by his NFL career? I didn't say that. Apples and Oranges from the topic because the NFL is not college. Trent's abilities in college are set in stone, time to talk about his new gig and wish him the best.

And I realize that a rose colored glasses post will get a "like" more often than an attempted non biased opinion that some do not like. And I much more often pour praise on Bama alumn in the pro's than not. Just not in this instance. I talk about underrated players in the drat too, like Lacy, am I saying that they were not good in college, of course not. Hope this ramble helps you not getting offended by my earlier post.

Last edited:

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
That overturned call was the worst overturn I've ever seen. Not being hyperbolic - I've never seen them overturn something like that where no one saw it coming at all. It wasn't even close. Even saying the play stands would have been a bit sketchy.

The Colts offensive line has played terribly. Trent has done okay, though he's messed up in pass protection a time or two.

Notice how well the Colts did on that first drive off of playaction in what looked to be run formations.

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
The Colts offensive line is offensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...
Sometimes RB's will inspire the line. Greenbay had not had a 100 yard rusher in a few years until this year. Just a few weeks ago everyone was saying that Trent was finally going to have a decent O-Line, what happened? Some believe the Colts have the best run blocking unit in the league but are poor in pass blocking. Luck is 4th on the controversial QBR, but he does things when theu need to happen, like on 3rd down and using his legs. I believe Lacy would be effective behind that Colt line. Trent will in time

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/9/...-no-1-run-blocking-offensive-line-in-football

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I was making an observation about tonight.

Sounds like Kubiak is hurting. Heart attack? Very scary.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Fun fact - Matt Schaub will earn more money tonight than Keenum will earn for the entire season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.