The Hot Seat 10 Weeks In

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Add Brady Hoke to the mix. IMO....only hope for another year....beating OSU.
Muschamp needs turning, he's starting to char on one side,
Richt is pulling a "Richt".....doing just enough to survive for one more year of underachievment.
Mac Brown's seat has alraedy turned to ashes.
Miss. St. wants to "can" Mullens, but who they gonna get that's any better?
Anybody got anyone else?

:biggrin2:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Mac Brown will not be fired. He may choose to leave this year but I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited:

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
How exactly would Sark's butt be warm? He's been 5-4 conf. & 7-6 overall every year he's been there up until this year. Is it because he lost to those lowly Ducks?:p
They believe their team's on the verge and is getting better and they're getting tired of the mediocrity. 5-4 and 7-6 is the definition of mediocrity, isn't it? They think they can do better with a coaching change--at least the fans do. We'll see if that translates into an actual change. As for the second question, it probably has something to do with it:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
So it is that they lost to the lowly ducks......again. This year is an improvement, so they'd better think about who's going to be a replacement before they kick him to the curb. The 'verge' is all about the current head coach's hard work.........On a side note..you guys make T-shirts for everything don't ya?

Last edited:

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
So it is that they lost to the lowly ducks......again. This year is an improvement, so they'd better think about who's going to be a replacement before they kick him to the curb. The 'verge' is all about the current head coach's hard work.........On a side note..you guys make T-shirts for everything don't ya?
These shirts are basically made by geeks to be worn by geeks. Most Oregon fans wouldn't wear these, or the 'we want bama' shirts. I do think these two ducks shirts are funny:

Last edited:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
These shirts are basically made by geeks to be worn by geeks. Most Oregon fans wouldn't wear these, or the 'we want bama' shirts.
Actually I sorta admire the entrepreneurial go-get-um of the creators.

So, how much chance is there that you guys will abandon that gimmicky fast break nonsense and line up mono a mono with us and see who has the best team? I know, I know it's not a gimmick. But, yes it is. You're trying to get an advantage over the defense by hurrying (That's a gimmick) I'd love to see talent against talent with our two teams and with your style of offense, that isn't possible. I'm not saying you couldn't compete playing a normal game, I'm saying it would make for a good game between us.

My apologies to the OP for the temporary Hi-jack

Last edited:

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Actually I sorta admire the entrepreneurial go-get-um of the creators.

So, how much chance is there that you guys will abandon that gimmicky fast break nonsense and line up mono a mono with us and see who has the best team? I know, I know it's not a gimmick. But, yes it is. You're trying to get an advantage over the defense by hurrying (That's a gimmick) I'd love to see talent against talent with our two teams and with your style of offense, that isn't possible. I'm not saying you couldn't compete playing a normal game, I'm saying it would make for a good game between us.
We don't match up well with you. I would love to borrow Stanford's lines if we end up playing you. We could use that guy they knickname 'The Yeti' in our lineup. Our guys are smaller (even though they're quick) but you have immense talent in every position. There are few things you can do when you're overmatched. We can't play you mono-a-mono as it would be a guaranteed loss for us. Things Oregon would need to do to stay in the game: 1.) Mariota having a perfect, Heisman like game, hopefully frustrating your defense a bit like JFF. 2.) Forcing at least 2 turnovers and capitalizing on them. 3.) Have a great passing game. We will not be able to pound it at you with our run game, our guys just don't have the heft for that. 4.) A trick play or 2 to catch you off guard. 5.) Tempo - we need to catch you confused on defense at least some of the time and capitalize on that. 6.) Special teams. DAT plays big in big games. We need him to play big. 7.) Perhaps the most important - Alabama having an off game.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Not the response I expected. High five.:cheers2: Now we at Tide Fans know where you're coming from,

Well said. Good night.

Last edited:

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
1. don't be d-bags and hijack this thread with another set of oregon vs bama stuff
2. oregonbltzkrieg, don't cowtow to everyone here, own that duck lovin - fight for it even
lol, I love my team but I'm just being realistic. We would need some breaks to go our way to beat you. I'll become more of a homer if we dominate Bama Jr. this Thursday. And edit about the Sark: he did bring them back from the precipice of a terrible season a few years ago but if he doesn't show more results his seat will really start heating up and dawgs will start barking even more.

Last edited:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
with another average season Sark is on the hot seat. They were expecting a lot more than what the team did this year for the players they had coming back. Richt isnt on the hot seat. no way. he's underachieved at times but that team had a ton of injuries this year. Their DC is on the hot seat. I dont think Mullen is gone this year either. With Prescott being a SO, i think they want to see what he can do as starter for a full year with a full offseason to put in work.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
with another average season Sark is on the hot seat. They were expecting a lot more than what the team did this year for the players they had coming back. Richt isnt on the hot seat. no way. he's underachieved at times but that team had a ton of injuries this year. Their DC is on the hot seat. I dont think Mullen is gone this year either. With Prescott being a SO, i think they want to see what he can do as starter for a full year with a full offseason to put in work.
Mullen may be fired, then look for Mark Hudspeth to replace him.....

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Muschamp isn't going to be fired this year but probably will next year. Their schedule in. 2014 is brutal - FSU, UGA, LSU, USCe, and Bama.

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA
IDK if anyone noticed, but after yesterday Texas is 5-0 in conference and in position to win the Big 12. A far cry from a few weeks ago. Defense has improved greatly since the change at DC. They only have Ok St, TxTch, and Baylor left on the conference schedule, all of witch also have to play OU so they still have wiggle room even if they drop one. I expect Texas to finish no lower than 2nd in Big 12. Mack Brown is definitely not getting fired this year.

After Neb's crazy victory yesterday, Bo Pelini's doomsday clock might have gotten turned back one minute. IDK who they would get to coach if they fired him anyway. Solitch?

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I can't se the neanderthal man lasting at Arkansas, a poorly coached team with some of the dumbest calls I've seen. It reminded me of the DuBose and Shula years.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Muschamp has a real mess on his hands on offense and I just don't see him capable of fixing it. He has to recruit better play makers on offense but also develop the players. I don't think he can recruit better play makers because the offense is already so bad, they don't want to come to Florida. Plus Muschamp has never had a QB there since he's been there. So what does Muschamp do? Fire his coordinator and start all over again? Like I said, he has a real mess.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.