Pick the score: LSU vs. Alabama

bamafan_bdb

1st Team
Jan 14, 2004
Last season's game was rough and also satisfying because of the end result. But if you look closer that that game it shouldn't have been as close. TJ was about to WALK in for a touchdown when AJ got cute. That would have been 21-3. See we let them back in the game and that's only when Metty's lights went off. It was after Bama's mistake. I think we'll see more of Bama being dominant in the game. Everyone kinda been on the about schedule this or OL that. I see a team who has found a little something and uses that something to their advantage in a great way. Here comes excellence!

Sent from my iPhone

It's true we were about to put it away, but remembering it that way also ignores the many, many mistakes they made which enabled us to get the lead. They kicked when they should have faked or punted, they faked when they should have kicked, they had a awful after the play personal foul deep in our territory, and a few other things. We took advantage of those mistakes and had a couple of timely drives, but they outplayed us much of the game. Of course, we outplayed them when and where it mattered most.

It's true we were about to put it away, but remembering it that way also ignores the many, many mistakes they made which enabled us to get the lead. They kicked when they should have faked or punted, they faked when they should have kicked, they had a awful after the play personal foul deep in our territory, and a few other things. We took advantage of those mistakes and had a couple of timely drives, but they outplayed us much of the game. Of course, we outplayed them when and where it mattered most.
Yeah, all but one was after the fumble though. That was the turning point in the game.

Sent from my iPhone

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The offensive fireworks this week won't only be in Waco and Palo Alto. I think we see a game very similar to LSU-UGA and Alabama-TAMU where each team struggles to get consistent stops on defense due to shaky secondary play extending drives with 3rd down conversions and surrendering big plays for scores.

Alabama has rarely started fast in this series under Saban. They usually bumble around a bit or have some drive enders (fumbles, interceptions, drops, turf monster) stop an early tone setting drive. I think Alabama flips the script this time and jumps out to a 10-0 or 14-10 lead by creating a few stops with designer defenses from Saban and balanced drives. Ultimately, that will be the difference as Alabama struggles to adjust to LSU's ability to mix the run and pass the rest of the game.

Alabama 42 LSU 31

Last year Bama went up 14-0 and were headed for 21. The A&M game could have been a slaughterfest too if it weren't for some turnovers and a busted coverage. Bama's defense is NOT as bad as UGAs. LSU will not go up and down the field like they did in Athens. If they do I'll be very nervous, but I just don't see it happening.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
BAMA 42- Corndogs 17. I don't think that LSU will be able to stop our offense, and I think their Offense ia a bit better that what we have been allowing. Maybe 42-24? But, I would be surrised if we gave up more than 17.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.