Pick the score: LSU vs. Alabama

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
38-13

LSU kicks 2 FGs early....and gets three more red zone tries and comes up empty as Miles gambles away their chances.

CJ and AJ are MVPs

WaterWoman

1st Team
Nov 25, 2011
37-14. I think our defense plays the best it has all year, but we may get burned a couple of times with the deep pass.

I also think there is no way that AJ loses to LSU his senior year.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
If Whataburger tries to have another Heisman moment like he had against us last year, i say the score will be 38 - 24 Bama. If the usual Whataburger shows up, Bama wins big, something like 45 - 13.

louise

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 16, 2006
I heard from a huge fan of LSU, that watches all LSU games, to say that if Alabama did not beat LSU by two touchdowns, they should not be #1.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
I wish I shared the same feelings as you all on the blowout scores.

LSU has a lot of offensive firepower and while our defense has improved by leaps and bounds since A&M, I'm not certain our secondary is as settled as it needs to be. Losing Vinny really hurts in a game like this too. Plus there is the Les Miles factor as has already been mentioned. Doesn't matter how uneven LSU looks all year long, they will always play their best against Alabama (unless the game is in New Orleans).

If we can shut down or slow down their running game with Hill, we'll be well on our way to a win. Also, don't turn the ball over. Our offense ought to be able to put up the points as long as we don't turn it over (ball security, RBs!)

Score? 31-21. It's going to be a hard fought game.
I love Vinny but I don't think that it will be a giant loss with him out because he really wasn't the best cover safety. He had a knack for being at the right place to catch balls that other guys had tipped. If Landon plays like he has so far it will be an upgrade in covering which will be needed with LSU's receivers.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The offensive fireworks this week won't only be in Waco and Palo Alto. I think we see a game very similar to LSU-UGA and Alabama-TAMU where each team struggles to get consistent stops on defense due to shaky secondary play extending drives with 3rd down conversions and surrendering big plays for scores.

Alabama has rarely started fast in this series under Saban. They usually bumble around a bit or have some drive enders (fumbles, interceptions, drops, turf monster) stop an early tone setting drive. I think Alabama flips the script this time and jumps out to a 10-0 or 14-10 lead by creating a few stops with designer defenses from Saban and balanced drives. Ultimately, that will be the difference as Alabama struggles to adjust to LSU's ability to mix the run and pass the rest of the game.

Alabama 42 LSU 31

Last season's game was rough and also satisfying because of the end result. But if you look closer that that game it shouldn't have been as close. TJ was about to WALK in for a touchdown when AJ got cute. That would have been 21-3. See we let them back in the game and that's only when Metty's lights went off. It was after Bama's mistake. I think we'll see more of Bama being dominant in the game. Everyone kinda been on the about schedule this or OL that. I see a team who has found a little something and uses that something to their advantage in a great way. Here comes excellence!

Sent from my iPhone

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
I won't pick a score because the only time I have was A&M last season and I'm too superstitious to risk it. It seems like last season we stopped LSU's running game and were really only hurt by Mett after TJ fumbled and completely changed the momentum of the game. The stadium was getting nervous until he fumbled then the fans got back into it.

Our biggest problem was third down on both sides of the ball. Here is an article on AJ's month of October. It admits that we didn't face any top defenses (though it ranks by scoring d) but his numbers are second behind the almighty Winston on third downs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/77349/inside-mccarrons-memorable-month

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.