Prediction On The Season?

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
How many games does the Tide Cagers win this season?

Does the Tide go to the 'big dance', NIT or no tourney?

17 wins and another trip to the NIT?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Speaking for myself, I don't have enough info yet to know what to expect therefore my expectations are somewhat tempered as a result. Does the departure of Lacy help or hurt, who is going to carry the scoring load, who can fill in for T-Rel when he needs a blow, who's going to control the boards, is there a positive team chemistry early or does it take time to develop? The team has the potential (ah, the dreaded potential label) to be good, as evidenced by the trip abroad in the summer.

We should be fun to watch, competitive against most of the upper crust of the league, maybe a top 6 finish and a chance to make the important tournament. I plan to get to a handful of games, looking forward to the season getting started.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
assuming no devastating injuries 24-25 wins

to saturday in the sec tourney

one win in ncaa tourney (maybe more all depends on matchups)

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I was there last night. I want to see them again before I make an assessment. There is definitely talent, but they need to develop chemistry to be a good team.

spacerats

Scout Team
Nov 11, 2006
I predict the newcomers start to gel and their roles increase throughout the season. Levi comes back and picks up where he left off. And we hit the SEC schedule fast and furious. 25 wins and NCAA tourney birth.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
After being at last nights game I will have to watch more games and hope that they are much better than last nights to answer anything other than negative. I do not understand how anyone could be saying more than 20 wins though.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I'm not worried about last night's performance. I didn't see a single minute of it, but we always seem to struggle in the exhibition games. I don't know if it is apathy, or just jitters, but somehow we seem to struggle a lot in those games.

I feel like this team could go either way, but it's tough to say how the SEC will be as a whole. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this is a 20-24 win team, but I also wouldn't be shocked at a 15-18 win season either. We will win some games we are expected to lose, and we will lose some games we should win easily.

I think we will be a bubble team all the way to the end, probably in the last 8 out. I feel that simply because I think we have the talent to run with just about anybody for 20-30 minutes a game, but I don't think we have the depth to close out the necessary big RPI games that we would need to win to make the tourney. I try to be an eternal optimist, but I think a realistic expectation is for them to be somewhere in the 4-6 spots back in the SEC. Plus it doesn't help that the SEC has only been getting 2-4 spots in the tourney for the past several years. We shall see.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Remember, basketball is like an offense line. You can't just throw 5 talented guys together and expect great OL play. It takes time to develop chemistry. The bball team needs time to gel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We have the game Friday and that will be a good litmus test. I do think we have talent, but it will take time for them to learn to play together. I would have thought the 2 helped with team chemistry though. We do have 3 more big guys than we had last year and Jacob's appears to be in much better shape. That alone puts us leaps and bounds over where we were last year.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I am thinking 17-21 wins should be attainable... I'm not sure if we are a tournament team...but I think we could be one of those "On any given night" teams no one wants to play down the stretch...

alabamafootball

May 13, 2010
Alabama will win enough to be on the bubble and coach Grant will keep his job. I for one hope we either have a terrible season and get a new coach or somehow have a great season. It is year 5 Coach Grant has to start producing.

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
I agree - Coach Grant has had time to get his guys in place and if we don't do something impressive, such as 1-2 wins in the tourney - I think we should look elsewhere. We are tops in so many different sports - why is it we can't be, in BBall - both men and womens??

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
It doesn't matter what we think. CAG has the absolute support of the Athletic Dept PTB and the university administration. This is assuming the wheels don't fall off, and I don't think they will. We have a chance to be a decent team.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Well....we need legitimate shooting guards and we need big guys who can play both offense and defense.
We also need to be more selective in recruiting.
I work out at the gym with a guy named Melvin Booker, from Moss Point, just down the road. He signed with Missouri out of high school and was eventually named First team All-American and Player of the Year in the Big 8(At the time).
His son Devin, at 6'4" 180, the best pure shooter I've seen at the high school level, and also playing for Moss Point, recently narrowed his college choices to Michigan, Michigan State, Florida, Missouri, and Kentucky. At one game Izzo, Donovan, and Coach Callipari sat together to watch him. He also had offers from North Carolina and Duke.
He signed with Kentucky a couple of days ago.
I kidded Melvin and said, "He blew it! He oughta be wearing Crimson" and chuckled. His reply was, "Dude, they never even wrote him a letter".
Guess where he played AAU ball. Yep with the Alabama Challenge.
There's something wrong with that picture. Love Coach Grant, but he's got to learn that offense is just as important as defense.
Anyway, I don't see this team making the tourney. I think we're a year away.
Here's a vid of Devin. This is what a real basketball player looks like. sip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ieAhZtlelY

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
Not knowing much about our opponents or how this Bama team will gel, we may be a better team than last year but win less games. Our OOC schedule is kinda tough, and I see about 8 or 9 wins. Our SEC schedule is not favorable as we play Mizzou and Florida twice and UGA, USCe, and Kentucky on the road. I see 8-9 wins. IMO anything over 16 wins will be good.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Well....we need legitimate shooting guards and we need big guys who can play both offense and defense.
We also need to be more selective in recruiting.
I work out at the gym with a guy named Melvin Booker, from Moss Point, just down the road. He signed with Missouri out of high school and was eventually named First team All-American and Player of the Year in the Big 8(At the time).
His son Devin, at 6'4" 180, the best pure shooter I've seen at the high school level, and also playing for Moss Point, recently narrowed his college choices to Michigan, Michigan State, Florida, Missouri, and Kentucky. At one game Izzo, Donovan, and Coach Callipari sat together to watch him. He also had offers from North Carolina and Duke.
He signed with Kentucky a couple of days ago.
I kidded Melvin and said, "He blew it! He oughta be wearing Crimson" and chuckled. His reply was, "Dude, they never even wrote him a letter".
Guess where he played AAU ball. Yep with the Alabama Challenge.
There's something wrong with that picture. Love Coach Grant, but he's got to learn that offense is just as important as defense.
Anyway, I don't see this team making the tourney. I think we're a year away.
Here's a vid of Devin. This is what a real basketball player looks like. sip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ieAhZtlelY
Grant won't touch the AAU circus.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Ah, I love it when the Grant haters emerge from their holes.
Hey, I'm one of his biggest fans and am pulling for him like crazy, but if you look at our team it's obvious that we lack true shooters.
Our guys are very defense oriented, and they're great athletically. I'd just like to see us bring in one or two guys who scare the other team to death with their outside shooting ability.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.