Link: Alabama and Florida St. are mirror images...according to the Times

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Am I the only one that is irked by the writer putting periods between LSU, UCLA, etc? I know it's the correct thing to do, but it bothers me haha.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
I have been saying that all season. Jimbo's team is much more Sabanized than Bowdenized. I saw the Clemson games as as their version of our Blackout game against Georgia or the 2008 game against VT. There coaches and players speak, without saying it, the process of playing each play to the best of your ability regardless of score or team, and their fans are in a frenzy similar to ours in 2008.

You could see the end of Bowden during his 1st losing season after many years in the top 5. He had lost his last assistants that he coached in his prime, similar to coach Bryant with coaches like Dye started leaving and there were no replacements of the same quality. And you can plainly see that FSU has arrived back as a perennial top 5 team.

The scripts are very similar. As long as Coach Saban continues to scout his players wisely and with obsession, then we will not bump heads to much. But Mobile is going to be a little tougher now that FSU is back in the spotlight. Auburn battles them for many underrated 3 star players.

Crimson_Knight

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2006
As a college fan I would like to see a Bama vs FSU game. The Ducks game to me would be similar to the A&M game. Fast and furious first quarter and then Bama makes in game adjustments to settle down and win by 10+. The FSU game has great matchups all over the place. Great challenge for our guys to put these up starts down. Just my 2cents.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I sure don't agree with the NFL scout who said FSU's defense was a little faster and Winston was a better QB than McCarron.
FSU & Jamis are really really good, no doubts about that, Bama is better, stronger, and has better coaching..And AJ is perhaps the most successful QB in the history of college football, and is a better QB than Jamis or any QB in college football, there's no QB on the college level I would trade for AJ....We would beat them by 10pts or better..I have no doubts about that at all..When Bama is clicking on all cylinders like we are right now, there's no team in college football that could touch us, heck, we would give most NFL teams all they would want, if we could play them..It's like crimsonaudio stated, let 'em all talk, cause we know the truth, and they can't handle the truth..

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
FSU & Jamis are really really good, no doubts about that, Bama is better, stronger, and has better coaching..And AJ is perhaps the most successful QB in the history of college football, and is a better QB than Jamis or any QB in college football, there's no QB on the college level I would trade for AJ....We would beat them by 10pts or better..I have no doubts about that at all..When Bama is clicking on all cylinders like we are right now, there's no team in college football that could touch us, heck, we would give most NFL teams all they would want, if we could play them..It's like crimsonaudio stated, let 'em all talk, cause we know the truth, and they can't handle the truth..
Preach on brother, I'll have what he is drinking. :biggrin:
I agree with you on the ten points but FSU is closer to us than we are to any NFL team.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Preach on brother, I'll have what he is drinking. :biggrin:
I agree with you on the ten points but FSU is closer to us than we are to any NFL team.
HAHA..Oh I agree 100% with ya..Any NFL & even the worse NFL team, would spank us really hard & really bad, I just threw the NFL remark in for dramatic purposes only..LOL..

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I actually have been saying this since the Clemson game. Jimbo has built a big physically imposing team that wears teams down. Our offensive styles are pretty similar as well. None of this is surprising since half their coaching staff has saban ties. I think Fsu would be a good matchup against us because they can match our physicality and athleticism. I don't believe oregon can do the same and Imo the teams that are able to beat us do it by playing our game, namely minimizing turnovers, stopping the run, and establishing the run.

On a side note, their 3rd string rb Williams was very impressive against Miami. He has serious potential.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
FSU is as close to Bama as any other top 10 team. The differences are in coaching ability, discipline and experience. The only advantage that FSU has in the future is in recruiting grounds.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Jimbo Fisher learned a lot from Coach Saban, yes, Jimbo has copied a lot that we do.
FSU will dominate the ACC because he's using a version of 'The Process'.
I don't think CJF has publicly called it 'The Process', but it's pretty clear that Jimbo is
'All In' on the technique...

'Imitation is the sinceriest form of Flattery' or so I've been told...
FSU appears to be going the right direction, but we still are deeper with quality players.
Winston is a good Quarterback, may be better next year. AJ is AJ.
To paraphrase Coach Bryant... 'He (AJ) ain't nothing but a Winner'... ;)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.