Link: Officials Call A Phantom Safety In Ohio-Buffalo Game (Video)

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Ridiculous...if the ref can't determine (and we aren't talking a matter of feet here, but of yards) that a player wasn't in the end zone when he threw the ball, he should never be allowed to officiate another game. Period.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Been saying it for years..........Refs are football fans....football fans BET ON GAMES.

Not saying all of them do. but you can be sure that some of them do....they're human. Maybe this ref bet the over and was taking every opportunity to boost his chances.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Been saying it for years..........Refs are football fans....football fans BET ON GAMES.

Not saying all of them do. but you can be sure that some of them do....they're human. Maybe this ref bet the over and was taking every opportunity to boost his chances.
Exactly..When there's millions of dollars bet on games, you can bet your backside this stuff goes on, especially in games that not going to draw a lot o criticism or during big games..A safety can change hands of millions & millions of ????..And I have no doubt there's been refs that's made lots of money from games they were involved in..It's the side of sports nobody wants to talk about or acknowledge is there..

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
From what I heard on sports talk radio this morning, the ref admitted he blew the call.
I heard the Ref was on the air calling from the back of a limousine smoking a Cohiba, sipping some Dom Perignon, on his way to the coast with some rented ladies.
"Oh, yeah, that call? Yeah, I blew it. Sorry!"

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
There was also a play that was called a fumble in this game that was clearly not a fumble. It was reviewed by replay and they still called it a fumble.

LagunaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 6, 2013
Over 50 plus Div IA games a week. That makes over 300? officials in the country for those games, not including review officials and clock operators. To think not one of them is being bought is naive.

PDL

All-SEC
Oct 16, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I'm not even sure it was intentional grounding. The QB was WAY out of the tackle box. Blown call all the way around.

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011
I'm not even sure it was intentional grounding. The QB was WAY out of the tackle box. Blown call all the way around.
Definitely outside the right tackle. QB threw from hash mark on 4 yd line. Look at where the right tackle is lined up at the snap. Wasn't even grounding.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.