Question: To This Point Of The Season..Which Tide Player Has Impressed You The Most

Crimson_Knight

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2006
Re: Up To This Point Of The Season..Which Crimson Tide Player Has Impressed You The M

AJ is the MVP on offense but Christon Jones has stepped more than I would have ever thought. Getting close to being the go to guy. He is there every game in some fashion.

Defensive MVP CJ. Mr. Robinson has impressed me the most. Wow! I have to say thanks to Coach for coaching the DBs and safeties and for the talent back there to. Very appreciative of Vinnie to Geno. They are part of the success.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Re: Up To This Point Of The Season..Which Crimson Tide Player Has Impressed You The M

Christion Jones.

Honorable mention: Chris Black. He's been really exciting to watch the few times he's had a chance to play. I would love to see more throws go his way.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I would say A'Shawn and Chad Lindsey. I'm looking for a DB to step up and really impress me this weekend against LSU.

Actually, I looking forward to the ENTIRE team impressing me this week. OL, WR's, RB's, QB, DL, LB's, DB's, and ALL Special Team players.

Chad Lindsey stepped in when needed and did a Great job.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012

A difficult choice for a team with so many impressive players - by chosing one, we have to leave so many great ones out. But to the question, I have to go with Christion Jones. He's done some of everything so far this season. A game-changer.

30 days until SECCG
60 days until BCSNCG
RTR!!!

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Many are doing well...but if I just pick one then it has to be AJ.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

It has to be AJ, because, without him, we wouldn't be where we are. If it's to be which one has made the biggest strides, it would have to be Christion, just as Cooper was the most impressive in that department last year...

BamaGal99

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2011

When I first saw the thread title, I knew my pick was Landon Collins. He's done everything asked of him this year - been a beast on special teams, changed positions when teammates are suspended/injured, intercepted a pass for a TD and is one of the best at open-field tackles that I've seen. I think about his Mama's actions during his announcement every time they call his name over the PA system...and it makes me smile. I love our players and enjoy watching them play with intensity and enthusiasm. Can't wait to yell for them this weekend! ROLL TIDE!!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

FWIW, Steele believes this team is better than last year's...
When this team is playing their best ball, I agree 100% with him, this is the best team Coach Saban has produced u to this point..And the last two game they've been clicking on all cylinders..
Great thread TideMan...

If I had to choose one, Christion.

If I could choose one for each, then CJ on defence and Landon Collins special teams...

But as others here have said, there is so much praise to go around...
Thanks Brother & you made some great picks..It's hard mot to pick Landon & CJ..

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I got to go with Landon Collins and Kevin Norwood. Both of them are special.

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas

Iii ill go with AJ.Ive never seen him play a bad game.Hes as steady as they come.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

I think it is clearly C.J. Mosley. He is our MVP in my book, but we have so many good players who could win this debate.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA

No one has mentioned Steen . He is the glue that holds our line together and you rarely hear his named called because he rarely makes a mistake !
He was great last year, just overshadowed by the glamour all around him--he's only gotten better this year. Seems to never miss an assignment. I love Robinson too on the other side of the ball!

WCS Dad

Scout Team
Oct 2, 2004
Rainbow City, AL
How about Kenyon Drake? He went from mop up duty as the 3rd team back to a major component of the offense. Still needs to improve on ball security, but really making a big contribution. Really happy with his success.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

When I first saw the thread title, I knew my pick was Landon Collins. He's done everything asked of him this year - been a beast on special teams, changed positions when teammates are suspended/injured, intercepted a pass for a TD and is one of the best at open-field tackles that I've seen. I think about his Mama's actions during his announcement every time they call his name over the PA system...and it makes me smile. I love our players and enjoy watching them play with intensity and enthusiasm. Can't wait to yell for them this weekend! ROLL TIDE!!
That's a great pick & is hard not to pick him, dude has grown up before our very eye's this year & I'm as proud of what he's accomplished this year, as any of our Players..His NFL potential is off the charts & he's going to be a very rich man when he leaves Bama for the NFL..

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Easy question... Hard Answer.

Norwood, Collins, Robinson, Lindsay, AJ. Mosley...

Put their names in a hat and draw one... I could justify any choice.
BTW... I could name several more that should go in the hat for the drawing. :BigA:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
AJ, and it is not even close. But I really like all of those xJ players (AJ, OJ, TJ, CJ).

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
A.J. is definitely my MVP. Drake has had a breakout year.

With that said, I think that Landon Collins has impressed me the most. I guess it is because I had no baseline of expectations for him. He has made plays on special teams and stepped up into big shoes on defense when Vinnie got hurt. The kid is a ball hawk and, like Vinnie, you can just tell that he enjoys every single down he plays. Of course all players love to play in the SEC, but ever now and again kids come along that just have a different gear [Vinnie, Landon, McClain, Pollack (UGA)].

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

On defense: Sunseri before he went down. He was just getting better and better. CJ I'm not too surprised about.
On offense: AJ/Norwood ... not too far behind... Drake and the OL. For Cooper's sake, I think we forgot how good DeAndrew White was.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Didn't bother to read all 7 pages of pick's...

Although it wouldn't matter to me, I have a steel trap when it comes to this question!
The guy who held all of it together when most all were beginning to throw up ? marks.

:biga: IT HAS TO BE AJ :biga:.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.