How or has Nick Saban impacted your life for the better.

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
If you are having a great time, this might be a buzz kill but.......

With all the talk about Coach Saban recently, I thought it would be a good time to see if anyone else uses his methods or has been personally impacted in a positive way other than just winning championships, but could be as simple as pride for our program.

The biggest thing that has rubbed off me from Coach Saban is the relevance of your time, and what you do with it. When I do something, I question the purpose more and if what I am doing is helping me or anyone else, or just wasting time or even doing something destructive. This can be like cause and effect, but after reading one of his books I understand it better. I wasted a lot of time in my life. Posting on Tidefans is not wasting time though because of thread like this and sense of community :)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the only thing i can think of is that i get a lot less angry watching bama than i did during the dubose, fran, price, shula years

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
the only thing i can think of is that i get a lot less angry watching bama than i did during the dubose, fran, price, shula years
But you watched every games. We always kept up the hope, like taking a lot of 3 star players believing they all came because they were so full of Alabama, which was true for many, and others had other reasons. Believing the the Mike II was a genetic copy of his father. That Brodie was all we needed. That we had been so up front that the NCAA would go easy on us. That we get to stick it to the NCAA by playing in Hawaii! If we could have seen the future after the Dubose hire, many would have jumped ship, but we didn't and hope helped us through. And a little humor, like Price.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
But you watched every games. We always kept up the hope, like taking a lot of 3 star players believing they all came because they were so full of Alabama, which was true for many, and others had other reasons. Believing the the Mike II was a genetic copy of his father. That Brodie was all we needed. That we had been so up front that the NCAA would go easy on us. That we get to stick it to the NCAA by playing in Hawaii! If we could have seen the future after the Dubose hire, many would have jumped ship, but we didn't and hope helped us through. And a little humor, like Price.
yep, i watched just about every single one of those games. even went to a few.

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
yep, i watched just about every single one of those games. even went to a few.
The worst season imo was Brodie went down and we didn't have a qualified replacement. The QB that got the job quit the team following the season to play baseball, but I think it was more than that. He was the easy target for everything that wrong with the program.

I would have liked to seen what CNS could have done with Brodie, who easily had the best arm in decades, and had more upside than AJ. Stronger and more accurate arm out of HS.

mhiggy45

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2010
daytona bch
If you are having a great time, this might be a buzz kill but.......

With all the talk about Coach Saban recently, I thought it would be a good time to see if anyone else uses his methods or has been personally impacted in a positive way other than just winning championships, but could be as simple as pride for our program.

The biggest thing that has rubbed off me from Coach Saban is the relevance of your time, and what you do with it. When I do something, I question the purpose more and if what I am doing is helping me or anyone else, or just wasting time or even doing something destructive. This can be like cause and effect, but after reading one of his books I understand it better. I wasted a lot of time in my life. Posting on Tidefans is not wasting time though because of thread like this and sense of community :)
My boss keeps threatening me if I don't stay off Tidefans that I will be jobless! I don't really believe him cause of what I bring to the table, but you never know. I don't care, I can't help it in the middle of another championship run by Nick and the boys. Who does he think he is?:biggrin2:

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
My boss keeps threatening me if I don't stay off Tidefans that I will be jobless! I don't really believe him cause of what I bring to the table, but you never know. I don't care, I can't help it in the middle of another championship run by Nick and the boys. Who does he think he is?:biggrin2:
He doesn't want the entire Tidafan crew paying him a visit! :)

WaterWoman

1st Team
Nov 25, 2011
All I know is that after this bye week, my friends are genuinely worried about me come January 7th. That stretch from January to August is pure torture.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Watching Coach Saban give what he does to "Nick's Kids", made me realize I'm not alone in this world with medical issues, & makes me realize we need to help protect our future, and our future are our children..I have heart problems & am on a heart transplant list, so I don't have the energy to do things I would truly like to do..When I go to the Kirklain Clinic in B'Ham, I always spend what little money I have to spare, buying toys & candy, and I stop by the Children Hospital after my visit with the heart docs at the Kirklain Clinic..

Watching the kids eye's light up giving out the toys & candy is soooo awesome, and those beautiful smiles, takes my mind off my problems, and makes me realize, I'm not the only person in this world with medical issues, and despite my problems, it could always be worse than it is..And it makes my time I have with my own girls, that much better, and makes me wanna spend all the time I can with them, and make those times as special as I can, cause it will end one day, and I want these times with my girls, the best times of their lives with their daddy..

Bamatim15

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
Kingsport TN
Well he has certainly made my life easier living here in northeast Tn. with all the vol and hokie fans. It's kinda like being a great white shark in a goldfish bowl. Thanks Coach! :biggrin2:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have been fortunate in that I have had very positive role models in my life. None of the things that Saban implements in his Process are new to me. These are all life lessons that we teach our children or other young people in our sphere of influence. He has a different way of presenting some of the things - like the way that he tells children that playing video games is wasting time instead of investing time in something of value - but the lesson are the same as those taught me by my parents (and others).

That said, I love his refusal to let up, even when EVERYONE sees it as a character flaw - an inability to enjoy the fruits of his labor. I can't say that I am interested in attempting to replicate his intensity in my life, but it is awesome to watch him continue to outwork everyone else while at the top of his profession.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I am a Bama fan that spends half my time in Louisiana. CNS has made that experience more enjoyable. Aight!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I began following his "process" of trying to be a little bit better everyday--physically, work wise, focus.
Nothing earth shattering....just a little bit better today than I was yesterday.
I'm in the best physical condition I've been in since my 20's and my business has doubled in the past year.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I use his 'pain of discipline or pain of disappointment' philosophy/question with the teams I coach and they all seem to respond so well to it.

I also use it on Wednesdays on myself, when I don't feel like working . . . :wink:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I used to feel a little guilty because I'm grumpy and short-tempered, but now I'm ok with being that way. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.