Link: Collins looking forward to LSU game

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Landon Collins is doing a terrific job of staying classy in a tough spot. From reading his Mom's comments, it's apparent to me that she really just holds the fact that CNS used to coach at LSU against him. Nothing Coach could've said to her would've done anything about it.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Well they can say what they want but the kid's already got a national championship ring. If I'm not mistaken every recruiting class that CNS has fielded at Alabama has a national championship ring (except the current freshman class). That's pretty impressive.

LSU is a great program but things haven't exactly played out like many thought after their 2007 title. Many believed LSU was on their way to being the new "King of the mountain" in the SEC west. I don't think anyone in their right minds (even Alabama fans) expected Bama to reel off 3 titles in four years. That's why I say no matter what happens this year (national championship or not) no one can take away the dynasty of the last four years. It is set in stone and we could possibly add to it this year. But if not it doesn't take away how impressive it was. I think Collins made the right decision and most importantly he does to.

Last edited:

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
I am glad he chose Bama and he is happy with his decision. I know i'd rather play for CNS than 'ol Lester any day.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
His mother comments about how the coaches don't talk to her. My guess is that they don't want to stir up the hornet's nest and feel it is best to just stay away from her. It is obvious she had hard feelings going into the decision and hasn't let go of them.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
His mother comments about how the coaches don't talk to her. My guess is that they don't want to stir up the hornet's nest and feel it is best to just stay away from her. It is obvious she had hard feelings going into the decision and hasn't let go of them.
Exactly. They get nothing but her making a scene if they engage her now.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I honestly don't know what she expects...she is still a who fan, is openly oppositional to LC's choice to come to Bama to this day, doesn't hide her blatant dislike for CNS, and she thinks the coaching staff is going to get within 10 feet of her? Yeah, a real piece of work......

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Landon is one of my favorite players right from the start, it's sad his mother does not know how to support her son who is headed to Greatness.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
She does support her son. She just don't support Alabama. It is my belief that she had made a deal with LSU Coaches for her son to come to the school and play for them. I think her son didn't know anything about that, so she was shocked when she found out about Alabama. That tells me there was something going on behind the door. I'm not so sure about her younger son, it seems.. she's making her younger son to choose LSU... Something isn't right.

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
http://espn.go.com/colleges/alabama...efensive-lineman-gerald-willis-racking-offers

She does support her son. She just don't support Alabama. It is my belief that she had made a deal with LSU Coaches for her son to come to the school and play for them. I think her son didn't know anything about that, so she was shocked when she found out about Alabama. That tells me there was something going on behind the door. I'm not so sure about her younger son, it seems.. she's making her younger son to choose LSU... Something isn't right.
Check out this article. She says she hopes her younger son joins his big brother at Alabama.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
http://espn.go.com/colleges/alabama...efensive-lineman-gerald-willis-racking-offers

Check out this article. She says she hopes her younger son joins his big brother at Alabama.
That article is over a year old. A lot has changed since then.

From the article the OP linked to:

Meanwhile, her younger son, Willis, who holds offers from many of the top programs in the country, isn't even considering Alabama despite the staff's continued efforts. It's no coincidence, Justin said, calling Gerald more of a "momma's boy" than Collins.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
This story never sounds like it's going to have a happy ending. Landon won a SEC and NC and he contributed dynamically as a freshman. I'm sure we are getting only a brief overview of the give and take in the Collins family life. But from recent past experience, Kouandjio, Nkemdiche, come to mind, I can honesty see this young fellow following big brother to the Capstone. Those championship rings have a nice sparkle as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.