The FDA wants to ban all trans fats

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
This is the next step in Uncle OBozo trying to run people's lives. They were able to push through Obozo care and now to back it up they're trying to force 'healthy living' on us. To H e double hockey sticks with them. If I want to kill myself slowly by consuming huge amounts of fatty foods it's my right to do so. They have no business trying to legislate personal behavior.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Nanny state, baby. Liberals make no bones about it... that's where they are taking this country. The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/07/FDA-to-ban-artery-clogging-trans-fats

Don't know what I hate more......trans fats, or some gubbament busy body fascist telling me I can not eat them. Don't these clowns have anything better to do? (Like find another cancer research hospital to close down. Like the one I used to go to.)
Sorry to hear that man. Actually though, this is the right thing to do. Although, this is a very small item on a long list that they should ban, but don't.

Sent from my iPhone

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Not a fan of the nanny state, but this isn't something I'm going to lose sleep over.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Possible... But every little bit help. Now if they can only get Obamacare fixed they'd be doing something.

Sent from my iPhone
Help what? Fix the problem they helped create in the first place? It was the nanny state that told everyone how great partially hydrogenated oil was for you compared to butter/lard for decades (with the aid of the experts in medicine).

The only way to fix Obamacare is to kill it.

I'm all for forcing food makers to be transparent in listing trans fat as an ingredient or "nutritional" component, but banning it altogether? No. Butt out. And butt out of trying to ban sugar or caffeine or BBQ or red meat or any dang thing else you don't like. I don't need nosy busy bodies peering over my shoulder or deciding for me. The market is already responding to concerns over trans fats and trans fats n moderate amounts are not going to kill a single person (does not apply to those with familial hypercholesterolemia) .

Lots of folks are going to like this until they come after something you don't want them to come after. And that will happen. "For the good of the ignorant people".

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I'm not sure which bothers me more. The ever growing encroachment on liberties by busybody do-gooders, or the ho-hum 'it's good for us... please sir may I have another?' attitude from those who don't value the freedoms of others, much less their own.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
FWIW, FDA has been regulating food safety for years. This is just a continuation.
the FDA is supposed to use science to justify its limited role in assuring the safety of the American food supply. It is not supposed to run like an activist organization while ignoring science hellbent on encroaching on liberty instead of doing so only as a last resort to truly protect the public from something that will actually kill them. The science does not support the notion of banning trans fats from the food supply. the FDA needs to back it on up. Same for limiting salt and a host of other do gooder busy body nanny activist stupid ignorant not supported by science quack-science ideas.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.