Link: CNS explains his remedy for Alabama's September chemistry issues

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/11/nick_saban_explains_his_remedy.html

Sounds like the Miami Dolphins could have used this strategy to help team chemistry.

So in the third or fourth week of the season, he implemented a new approach.

"I started to call the players in," Saban said. "I said you have to go talk to five players. I'm not going to ask you which ones, you choose them, but you have to make it a point to go talk to five players and say 'How do you feel? What's the problem?' Show some understanding. I've been there before. This is how I managed this, this is how I handled it so you're doing something to invest some time and help somebody else be able to mature and do the things they need to do to be able to mature and be successful."

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
I liked the part about having the players stand in a box at practice for those who had decided they were not going to practice the right way. Only two players ever stood in the box.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
Coach Saban is simply brilliant with regards to building and maintaining an organization. He would've been hugely successful in any professional field - thankfully for us, he chose to coach football.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
He never takes anything for granted and never stops trying to get personally better. I pray that he never burns out.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/11/nick_saban_explains_his_remedy.html

Sounds like the Miami Dolphins could have used this strategy to help team chemistry.

So in the third or fourth week of the season, he implemented a new approach.

"I started to call the players in," Saban said. "I said you have to go talk to five players. I'm not going to ask you which ones, you choose them, but you have to make it a point to go talk to five players and say 'How do you feel? What's the problem?' Show some understanding. I've been there before. This is how I managed this, this is how I handled it so you're doing something to invest some time and help somebody else be able to mature and do the things they need to do to be able to mature and be successful."

Actually, this reminded me of Remember The Titans when Denzel Washington told every player to find out something about the player who was designated to be his roommate. CNS just expanded the "process" to five players. Great idea.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.