Question: Which Side of Bryant-Denny w/o Sun in Eyes

drues4bama

BamaNation Citizen
Looking to buy tickets for the Chattanooga game and do not want to buy tickets on the side where the sun will set directly in our eyes. Have friends who have made this mistake and since it's been 8 years since I have been to a game, I forget which side is best. I want the sun to set behind me. Can you guys share which side or which endzone I should buy tickets? Thanks and RTR!!!

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
It's the East side where the sun is in your eyes, the end zones both get it, but I think the South would be a bit better.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Looking to buy tickets for the Chattanooga game and do not want to buy tickets on the side where the sun will set directly in our eyes. Have friends who have made this mistake and since it's been 8 years since I have been to a game, I forget which side is best. I want the sun to set behind me. Can you guys share which side or which endzone I should buy tickets? Thanks and RTR!!!
Don't want to face the sun as it sets, don't sit on the east side, facing west... :)

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Sun sets in west. If your sitting in the east stands the sun will be in your eyes until it sets behind the west side stands. If you sit In the west stands the sun Hoyle be at your back during the game

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Well, that would be the west side.

drues4bama

BamaNation Citizen
Thanks for the info, but I have a more detailed question now... Would sitting on the very front row in section P (which is press box side, but down by the endzone) of U3 (highest upper level) be a good seat? I'm thinking it'd be great to be on the front row and be able to have a good overview of the whole field, but being that high up can you still hear the band playing during the game and would we have a good view of one of the video boards? Thanks for your insight.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Thanks for the info, but I have a more detailed question now... Would sitting on the very front row in section P (which is press box side, but down by the endzone) of U3 (highest upper level) be a good seat? I'm thinking it'd be great to be on the front row and be able to have a good overview of the whole field, but being that high up can you still hear the band playing during the game and would we have a good view of one of the video boards? Thanks for your insight.
You should have a great seat. The band is on the opposite side of the field on the other end and yes, you will be able to hear the band. Video boards are visible from every seat in the stadium.

I sat on the top row of the north end zone in the sun for the Tennessee game. It was fantastic.

You might want to take a good set of binoculars.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Did someone basically just ask which way the sun sets? Saban has a lot of control over the program, but even he can't change that.

UAME

All-SEC
Mar 28, 2000
Tuscumbia, AL
Did someone basically just ask which way the sun sets? Saban has a lot of control over the program, but even he can't change that.
Of course Saban can't change that!!! Bama fans' frequent elevation of Saban to some sort of diety status borderlines on the absurd. However, I can think of a time or two when God made the sun stand still long enough to allow Bama to stomp an opponent into the ground!

rolltidega73

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 5, 2003
Hiram. GA USA
We have season tickets in Section K which is sitting behind the Bama team and the sun is on the other side of the stadium. It being an afternoon game you are probably gonna get sun for the first half but it will go down mid afternoon

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.