The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly LSU Style...

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
Yeah.... It's weird seeing others hijack my post. I figured I'd need to get it dome immediatelyfollowing the game!
IMO, this thread should be trademarked with your name on it!

Is it me or did LSU show signs of dysfunction last night? I though their behavior in the closing minutes, from the face-mask, targeting, shoving of Fowler and their reaction to Mettenbeger as flagrantly bad sportsmanship.

That was U-G-L-Y.

Am wondered if the "players coach" mentality is starting to catch up with Miles.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The Good: everything from the fake punt forward.

The Bad: no Vinnie, and we could have used him.

The Ugly: You are down by 3 TDs, less than 2 min to go, your QB has been sacked 3 straight plays, it is 4th & 28 and you go for it? HUH? Seriously, what was The Hatter thinking.

Oh, wait..........he doesn't think. Never mind. Wonder how ol' Bobby Herbert liked that?

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
Maybe we do miss Vinnie from a kickoff coverage performance point of view, but I think last night had a lot more to do with facing one of the top 5 return men in the country.
We were a little lax on that play, and it might of been due to late stamina. Christian Jones was the man in position but misjudged, then Dillon Lee missed the tackle, it appeared that Eddie Jackson came from a long distance to get the angle and save the touchdown.

We have exceptional special teams coverage, but since it includes many starters, it can lose a little zip towards then end of the game.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
No doubt about it. Normally, the trainers and teammates rush to the side of a player down like that. Maybe they were just in shock. Hard to explain...
As many kids as we get from their state, it would make a great recruiting poster, especially with Miles just standing there, hands crossed watching him crawl.

Maybe we do miss Vinnie from a kickoff coverage performance point of view, but I think last night had a lot more to do with facing one of the top 5 return men in the country.
I will say there were times in the game, as I am re-watching, that it was great coverage. He just didn't bring it out. And he was only one years deep!

Sent from my iPhone

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
When I saw it, my thought was that they just don't care for Mettenberger. Is he not liked by his teammates? Or was the rest of LSU so absorbed in their own self pity they could not see that he needed help.
From his body language I think if someone had tried to help him he may have punched them in the face. The offensive line quit on him and he was ticked off.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
There was one lineman who tried to help Mett, but it was clear that he wanted to walk off on his own power. That was some grown man stuff right there. Kid has earned my respect.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There was one lineman who tried to help Mett, but it was clear that he wanted to walk off on his own power. That was some grown man stuff right there. Kid has earned my respect.
I'll go back and look again, but I don't remember the lineman doing anything other than just standing there. I don't remember his even bending over...

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009
The Good... CJ Mosley, AJ McCarron, TJ Yeldon...
The Bad... The 'Targeting Call' that wasn't called.
The Ugly... LSU Quarterback crawling off un-aided... Les should have taken him out of the game.
IMO: LSU players should have ran to Zack to check on him. (Hope he's OK.)[/QUOTE

Ditto for all three!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.