Stopping The Barn

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
Not necessarily load the box because they like to get out on the perimeter. Haven't seen much straight ahead, north-south running from them. Mostly read-option stuff. We will have to be disciplined and tackle well on the corners. Nick Marshall isn't Manziel or Mettinberger throwing or running, so we should shut them down. I think I heard they only attempted 9 passes today?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Would the logical defensive game plan be load the box and force them to throw?
When the time comes...
I do agree that we will try to make Auburn PASS.
We beat TAMU by making JFF PASS. Their run game vanished.

NOW ABOUT MISSISSIPPI STATE...
That's who we should be concentrating on now.

One Game at a Time

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
When the time comes...
I do agree that we will try to make Auburn PASS.
We beat TAMU by making JFF PASS. Their run game vanished.

NOW ABOUT MISSISSIPPI STATE...
That's who we should be concentrating on now.

One Game at a Time
What a great game tonight! RTR!!!!!!!

When LSU tied it up in the 3rd quarter, our team manned up! Mr. Patrick gets a Gold star for that fumble. That play was worth the scholarship that he received. Game balls to #4, #10, #11, #13, #17, #20, #26, #32, #33, #45, all OL's #61, #70, #71, #77, #79, #83, #84, #88. I just may have left out a few significant others.

We need to work on special teams. Losing #3 hurts on stopping KO returns.

I agree, Mittittippi Tate is next and that's all I can think about. I watched their game against aTm. They put their pants one leg at a time like our players, so we need to be focused on them in about 20 hours from now. The QB who's mother passed is going to be dedicating this game to someone and we need to be ready. Mittittippi Tate has slipped up on us in the distant past. We can't let that happen this year! We need to be on our A- game at least.

After that then I will think about those poisonous Moccasins from Chattanooga.

After that then I will focus on the Barn and worry about that #20, et al at the Barn.

Then I hope I get to worry about Mizzou.

Then after that I hope I can worry about FSU or tOSU in Pasadena.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The defense has to penetrate the LOS and blow up the read option. The safeties have to cover the jet sweep and string it out (the sideline is your friend). Play bump and run (Cyrus jones missed his WR twice tonight). We should be able to do this out of nickel packages.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
What a great game tonight! RTR!!!!!!!

When LSU tied it up in the 3rd quarter, our team manned up! Mr. Patrick gets a Gold star for that fumble. That play was worth the scholarship that he received. Game balls to #4, #10, #11, #13, #17, #20, #26, #32, #33, #45, all OL's #61, #70, #71, #77, #79, #83, #84, #88. I just may have left out a few significant others.

We need to work on special teams. Losing #3 hurts on stopping KO returns.

I agree, Mittittippi Tate is next and that's all I can think about. I watched their game against aTm. They put their pants one leg at a time like our players, so we need to be focused on them in about 20 hours from now. The QB who's mother passed is going to be dedicating this game to someone and we need to be ready. Mittittippi Tate has slipped up on us in the distant past. We can't let that happen this year! We need to be on our A- game at least.

After that then I will think about those poisonous Moccasins from Chattanooga.

After that then I will focus on the Barn and worry about that #20, et al at the Barn.

Then I hope I get to worry about Mizzou.

Then after that I hope I can worry about FSU or tOSU in Pasadena.
Sorry! I left out some DL's that needed game balls. So, give all of them one.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
None of the teams left in the regular season and probably SECCG are as physical as LSU.

We will be showing that Auburn really has no passing game. Look how we stopped LSU and their dominant running backs. Auburn is pretty one dimensional. Nick is not Zach...he won't be able to make those throws.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
We most definitely should force AU to become a one dimensional offense and make Marshall beat us with his arm. I expect a similar strategy to the one we used against UF in the 2008 SECCG. They do have some good WR's that will test our DB's but I'm not sure that Marshall is a good enough passer to consistently get the ball to them. However, they will probably put some points on the board. Malzahn is a dang good offense mind and he will test our defense.

We most definitely should force AU to become a one dimensional offense and make Marshall beat us with his arm. I expect a similar strategy to the one we used against UF in the 2008 SECCG. They do have some good WR's that will test our DB's but I'm not sure that Marshall is a good enough passer to consistently get the ball to them. However, they will probably put some points on the board. Malzahn is a dang good offense mind and he will test our defense.
They are already one dimensional. Take that away and they have nothing.

Sent from my iPhone

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
They are already one dimensional. Take that away and they have nothing.

Sent from my iPhone
Yes but they have some very good WR's and TE's, Coates, Davis, Louis, Uzumoh (sp?) are all quality players. Marshall is no Dan Marino but we don't need to think he has absolutely no ability to pass they ball because he does. Gus Malzahn is one of the better offensive minded coaches in college so they could hit us with some things we have seen from them yet. I expect us to win by 10-14 points but it will be a battle and a very good test for our defense.

Yes but they have some very good WR's and TE's, Coates, Davis, Louis, Uzumoh (sp?) are all quality players. Marshall is no Dan Marino but we don't need to think he has absolutely no ability to pass they ball because he does. Gus Malzahn is one of the better offensive minded coaches in college so they could hit us with some things we have seen from them yet. I expect us to win by 10-14 points but it will be a battle and a very good test for our defense.
We'll be ready this time. The last time, 2009, they hit us with things we weren't prepared for. This team like others respond well, especially on the road. Our offense knows how to keep teams off the field. If they can't get on the field they can't get any continuity which hurts their scheme when it come to rhythm. UT was doing this early. Arky had them and LSU blew them out. We will have to be focused.

Sent from my iPhone

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
We'll be ready this time. The last time, 2009, they hit us with things we weren't prepared for. This team like others respond well, especially on the road. Our offense knows how to keep teams off the field. If they can't get on the field they can't get any continuity which hurts their scheme when it come to rhythm. UT was doing this early. Arky had them and LSU blew them out. We will have to be focused.

Sent from my iPhone
Yes, I agree. The 2009 team was very good but I think this years team is better. We are more explosive on offense and have considerably more depth on both sides of the ball. The fact that we have a very good passing attack will keep teams from stacking the box as much and with Drake we have more speed at the RB position than we ever had before.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.