Link: In Case You Missed It: Four Straight Sacks Video

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Eli & Phil interviewed Ed Stinson after the game, dang he sounded just like Mosley.

That was a REAL example of making them quit.

Crimson Pig

1st Team
Nov 29, 2004
That was a REAL example of making them quit.
LSU has been such a strong team for a while now. But I love in this game and some recent games how we've just absolutely been able to impose our will and break them. The four straight sacks last night made me giddy. They had quit. We were in their heads, and I was loving it.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I've never thought of Les as a bad guy, but that was inexcusable last night. I noticed Mett walked away from him after 4th down - four drop backs in those circumstances was just terrible. You simply don't do that to your men.

Huge respect to Mett for walking off on his own. Very, very impressive.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
I've never thought of Les as a bad guy, but that was inexcusable last night. I noticed Mett walked away from him after 4th down - four drop backs in those circumstances was just terrible. You simply don't do that to your men.

Before last years game I thought Mett was all hype. I have a lot of respect for his talent and heart now. He played well but Alabama is just the better team.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

The young man never quit though teammates did. He showed courage and won my respect.

RMRJMR

Scout Team
Dec 29, 2008
Madison, AL
While leaving stadium last night I spoke with an LSU fan and in the conversation I said that I hoped Mittenberger was not hurt too bad and the guy said "it doesn't matter". IMO Mittenberger was the only LSU player who didn't give up. I enjoyed the 4 straight sacks however I regret the injury.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
After the second sack, we were screaming in my house for Miles to pull him from the game. Either that or let him hand the ball off. The game was in hand. It was obvious we were teeing off on him and it was only a matter of time until he got hurt. We all saw it coming two plays in advance. There's no reason why the LSU staff shouldn't have seen it. Les should be ashamed of himself.

superbamashane

1st Team
Aug 14, 2006
Sylacauga, AL
He should have been pulled after CJ fed him that hammer sammich. It was like watching an MMA ref let the ground and pound last too long on a dazed fighter. The game was over. Bad move from the who.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
An additional "In case you missed it": Skip to the 4:43 mark of the video. Take a look at McCarron's and Saban's body language during the interview. (You don't even need the sound on)

They say a team takes on the persona of their coach, but that is downright uncanny.

Last edited:

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
The Hat coaches with his emotions. Remember the BCSNCG, where he stubbornly stuck with Jefferson, even after the team wanted a change at halftime? It's like he tries to prove something at times, to the detriment of his team.

WaterWoman

1st Team
Nov 25, 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed watching our boys beat LSU. It made me giddy.

That being said, watching Mett limp off the field like a puppy that had been hit by a car made me sick to my stomach. I wonder if Les would have done the same thing if his son was that quarterback.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I commented to the guys sitting around me at the game that we learned how the HC felt about his qb by leaving him in on 4th and 28, and then called a pass play. Apparently Les felt that with another off week before playing A&M it didn't matter how bruised and battered his qb was.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.