BDS was rockin!

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
????

I don't recall the refs taking a time out or giving us (or anyone for that matter) a penalty for crowd noise. That would be stupid!! The red hat ref is the TV ref and he comes out often during CBS games, more so than ESPN it seems. We all know how CBS LOOOOOVES them some commercial air time ($$$).
I think you misunderstood the question. It used to happen A LOT. If you don't remember it, you've dated yourself as being fairly young. If you do remember it happening, you date yourself some as well. I'm in my late 30's and I remember when this used to happen.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Would have loved to been there. We watched it downtown with local Bama Club here in Columbia.

Loudest BDS game I ever attended was 1994 Bama-UGA game. Crowd was intense that evening.

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007
I think you misunderstood the question. It used to happen A LOT. If you don't remember it, you've dated yourself as being fairly young. If you do remember it happening, you date yourself some as well. I'm in my late 30's and I remember when this used to happen.
So did the refs call a timeout in this game?

As for it being a rule in the past, well I turned 36 last month but I guess I just don't remember this.

Last edited:

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
So did the refs call a timeout in this game?

As for it being a rule in the past, well I turned 36 last month but I guess I just don't remember this.
I was at a USCe vs USCw game in Columbia in 1983. Crowd was going nuts as the Gamecocks were whipping the Trojans. Refs stopped game and warned crowd twice, the second time suspending the play clock and giving the qb as much time as he wanted (it was loud). Southern Cal still could not get a play off without a procedure penalty. When they went back to line and crowd still loud the qb looked at ref and they flagged USCe crowd (5-yard penalty). After that fans got keys out and rattled them, which was pretty cool sounding.

I don't know when they ended this rule, but it was in place in 1983.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I guess we could argue this topic forever. To me this was the most electric crowd for the duration of the ENTIRE game. From the noise to the shakers to the music. Seemed like it went on all game and really cranked up in 4th quarter. By the time we had a 2TD lead most of us knew it was OUR night therefore enjoying the game and atmosphere that much more. I sit right behind the players down low. The players seemed to feed off the crowd more than ever before. It was special and I doubt any of us would argue that. :BigA:

Alley Cat

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 24, 1999
Mobile, Al.
I really enjoyed the pregame music for the first time. Couldn't make out all the words but it sounded like it was custom made for Alabama. Anyone know? Sure beat that Rap!

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
I guess we could argue this topic forever. To me this was the most electric crowd for the duration of the ENTIRE game. From the noise to the shakers to the music. Seemed like it went on all game and really cranked up in 4th quarter. By the time we had a 2TD lead most of us knew it was OUR night therefore enjoying the game and atmosphere that much more. I sit right behind the players down low. The players seemed to feed off the crowd more than ever before. It was special and I doubt any of us would argue that. :BigA:
Where are your seats? We also sit down low behind the team in section F.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
It was a great experience and clearly the best since 2011 LSU, if not better. I think we can all say the the experiment with the new "no greek reserved seating" has been a great success and should be permanent. Also, it was great having a shaker in ever seat. it really helped get the crowd going and looked really neat in the stadium. I don't know the expense of doing that per game, but I hope they can continue to do it for all home SEC games at least.
Folks just need to bring their shakers back with em. Mine come back with us every game. Every member of my family has "their" shaker. My wife won't shake one that isn't "her's". I stuff em in our "illegal" backpack to carry them around till time to enter the gate. (Then we have to unpack and camoflauge the backpack till we get up the ramp.)

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
For whatever reason, my wife and I both commented that the crowd was louder for the Ole Miss game earlier this year. There were moments in the LSU game when it was very loud, but I think the fan base felt especially disrespected by Ole Miss. Just my take from last night.
I agree with you. I felt like the noise was much louder at the Ole Miss game. This game was loud, but the OM game was louder and more continuous noise. I think we sang We will rock you very and of course Sweet Home Alabama and Dixieland Delight
very loud. I will say that the Who's last sequence of downs we were loud and each time when we sacked Mettenberger it was a quick loud boom sound. Also, both games Rammer Jammer was really loud and The Who's got a 4 timer on RJ.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I was at the Ole Miss game in the North End zone upper deck.

I was at the LSU game in the student section in lower south end zone.

All I can tell you is the student section is louder than the north upper deck but that would probably be true for almost any game.

This was my first time to sit in the student section and I have a feeling I picked a good game to try it out!!!:smile:

Last edited:

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
It was literally rocking!! Eli Gold felt Bryant-Denny Stadium sway in Alabama-LSU game, structural engineer says it's certainly possible (video) http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/11/eli_gold_felt_byant-denny_stad.html

Sent from my iPhone
Found the perfect quote from that article from Kevin Norwood:
"Oh man, it was definitely different," he said. "Everybody was just, I don't know, it felt like everything was just working for us. And everything was just like, ugghhnnnnn. I don't know how to explain it because it was just like, man, this is how it should be every game. Every home game and stuff like that. The fans were just amazing, you know."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.