BDS was rockin!

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
I've heard it louder, but I was pretty far up so it's not as loud as say, the student section. Comparing the sound level there to the upper deck is useless.

The loudest I've ever heard the stadium was during AU in 2004 when we were actually keeping it close. That was in the student section. I literally could not hear myself scream.

Id say it was louder during a few of the Ole Miss stops earlier this year, but the crowd was overall a lot better Saturday, there just weren't as many times for the crowd to go nuts.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Watching the replay and every time there is a kick off, it sounds like a cannon shot. I don't remember hearing this in the stadium. What is it? Did anyone hear it at the game?

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009
AJ McCarron's mom said on Twitter that AJ said the crowd was probably the loudest he had heard since he has been here.

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I was at the Ole Miss game a few weeks ago and I thought that was the loudest game I had been to at BDS in years. Just based on what I saw on tv, the LSU game looked to even be louder and rowdier.

How a recruit sitting there saturday night inside the stadium and NOT thinking, "Wow...I want to play in THIS atmosphere!" is beyond me....

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Having watched Bama games in person for almost 40 years there is such a difference in the game atmosphere now than in the 70's at BDS or LF.

For years, Bama fans were spoiled and sat there and politely clapped as we demoralized weaker teams during the Bear's late tenure.

But the stadium atmosphere is now high tech and thoughtfully coordinated from the pre-game with videos and songs to the in-game songs and videos that keep the crowd engaged during the long tv time outs.

Most games I hate tv timeouts but Saturday night it was like a party during the game.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
When was the last time y'all recall the refs taking a time out because the crowd got too loud, or went as far as calling the 2nd time out and assessing the penalty for it? I just posed that question in the office and one guy seemed to not know about it and others just chuckled.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
I was at the Ole Miss game a few weeks ago and I thought that was the loudest game I had been to at BDS in years. Just based on what I saw on tv, the LSU game looked to even be louder and rowdier.

How a recruit sitting there saturday night inside the stadium and NOT thinking, "Wow...I want to play in THIS atmosphere!" is beyond me....
I was at UF in 2005 and was also at the Ole Miss game. Both were very loud but last night was on a whole neither level. It was special. I've never seen BDS like that. Not only was it loud but the crowd (not just the student section) was into this game from the start. It was like we took our role seriously as part of "the process". The cheering was nonstop, even during time outs. We sang with every song that came over the PA system. People that rarely stand up were on their feet even during the commercials. The way CBS employs commercials usually takes the crowd out of the game but not Saturday night. I lost my voice, at times there was ringing in my ears, and the decibel meter was maxed out most of the night. At the beginning of the 4th quarter when Coach Cochran comes over the PA system telling us to be loud, you couldn't even hear him. Now, that's loud!

As an example of how Saturday night was different: When it started raining, instead of running for cover, we just put on our hats and coats that we had brought for the supposed drop in temp and continued cheering. After Rammer Jammer, I looked around the stadium and it was still full. Fans sat around talking about what we just witnessed. I must say that Bama fans really know how to use pom-poms. I remember looking around thinking wow, this is how the stadium could be every game. It was simply a euphoric atmosphere the entire game.

Last edited:

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007
When was the last time y'all recall the refs taking a time out because the crowd got too loud, or went as far as calling the 2nd time out and assessing the penalty for it? I just posed that question in the office and one guy seemed to not know about it and others just chuckled.
????

I don't recall the refs taking a time out or giving us (or anyone for that matter) a penalty for crowd noise. That would be stupid!! The red hat ref is the TV ref and he comes out often during CBS games, more so than ESPN it seems. We all know how CBS LOOOOOVES them some commercial air time ($$$).

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
It was a great experience and clearly the best since 2011 LSU, if not better. I think we can all say the the experiment with the new "no greek reserved seating" has been a great success and should be permanent. Also, it was great having a shaker in ever seat. it really helped get the crowd going and looked really neat in the stadium. I don't know the expense of doing that per game, but I hope they can continue to do it for all home SEC games at least.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.