It's amazing what people see when they watch a football game. (Saturday's game)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: It's amazing what people see when they watch a football game. (Last nights game)

I talked to a friend this weekend who is an LSU grad living in Texas. He made no excuses and said that the two turn-overs only accounted for 10 points of the 21 point score differential. He was happy for me (not happy with the outcome, obviously) and admitted readily that Alabama was the better team and deserved to win the game. So, as you know, not all LSU fans are delusional.

I DVR'd the game and hope to watch it later today.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: It's amazing what people see when they watch a football game. (Last nights game)

I talked to a friend this weekend who is an LSU grad living in Texas. He made no excuses and said that the two turn-overs only accounted for 10 points of the 21 point score differential. He was happy for me (not happy with the outcome, obviously) and admitted readily that Alabama was the better team and deserved to win the game. So, as you know, not all LSU fans are delusional.

I DVR'd the game and hope to watch it later today.
Is he from Texas originally?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I hate all that turnover talk really...

Yes, LSU gave away 7 points. Too bad that wasn't the difference in the game, and Alabama didn't get any points off of that (that kind of field position doesn't typically help you score points).

The other turnover? LSU was going to have to punt most likely anyway (play was on 2nd and 21, they recover and it's third and forever), it was just a field position thing. If you're really, really generous you can make that out to be a 10 point swing, but that's it! That's 27-38

But, that's not all... AJ just missed connecting on two deep throws in one series, two wide open guys, easy TDs. Alabama defenders had what, 4 potential interceptions that they didn't come up with? Let's not forget that on their second half field goal, CJ actually should have had the pick, had it in his hands and a fluke play let it bounce up and land in the hands of the LSU player. That should have been Alabama's ball, and there were a couple that were almost that close to being picks as well. Anyway, that's 3 points.

And, to end the game, Alabama was in chip shot field goal range and took the knee.

So, LSU fans can pretend that it should have been a 38-27 win for Alabama, but more easily, it could have been a 41-14 win for Alabama. Alabama had 9 more first downs. Alabama had the ball for 7 more minutes. Alabama had about 90 more yards on offense. LSU might have been a better team in the first half, but they were by no means a better team on Saturday.

Last edited:

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

So since they say LSU is the better team I guess their hope is for Alabama to become the "better team" so LSU can win 3 in a row like we have right?

Sounds convoluted but hey I'm just using their logic. I assume they thought they were the better team in the 2011 title game right? Since losing by 21 seems to trigger the "we're the better team" logic. I think it is more desperation since they can see the distance between the two teams starting to get wider each season. LSU still has a lot of talent and will be dangerous for us, but I believe fear is starting to creep in for their fan base if it hasn't already. I know I would be concerned if I was a LSU fan.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011

The talent level on both teams is similar. The coaching is not.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

The talent level on both teams is similar. The coaching is not.
And that is the BIG difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL

Too bad for them that football actually has four quarters, not two.
Well, even that does not bode well for them....17-14 at the half. Although it did not seem like it, we only trailed for a few minutes after their first TD. So to sum up in their minds, they out played us in the first half and are the better team but still could not have beaten us if we ended the game at any of the quarters!

I hate all that turnover talk really...

Yes, LSU gave away 7 points. Too bad that wasn't the difference in the game, and Alabama didn't get any points off of that (that kind of field position doesn't typically help you score points).

The other turnover? LSU was going to have to punt most likely anyway (play was on 2nd and 21, they recover and it's third and forever), it was just a field position thing. If you're really, really generous you can make that out to be a 10 point swing, but that's it! That's 27-38

But, that's not all... AJ just missed connecting on two deep throws in one series, two wide open guys, easy TDs. Alabama defenders had what, 4 potential interceptions that they didn't come up with? Let's not forget that on their second half field goal, CJ actually should have had the pick, had it in his hands and a fluke play let it bounce up and land in the hands of the LSU player. That should have been Alabama's ball, and there were a couple that were almost that close to being picks as well. Anyway, that's 3 points.

And, to end the game, Alabama was in chip shot field goal range and took the knee.

So, LSU fans can pretend that it should have been a 38-27 win for Alabama, but more easily, it could have been a 41-14 win for Alabama. Alabama had 9 more first downs. Alabama had the ball for 7 more minutes. Alabama had about 90 more yards on offense. LSU might have been a better team in the first half, but they were by no means a better team on Saturday.
Actually it could have been worse than that! On the last scoring drive for a TD, Mosley got his hands on another pass. It could have 50 something to 7. Belue got his hands on one and also Collins. The secondary isn't getting a lot of credit but they played lights out in the second half almost.

Sent from my iPhone

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

I also live in LSU-land. I've heard nothing but crickets for two days now. Seems that none of my co-workers even follow football at all.

Bwaaa-haa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!! :p_redeye:

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.

I sometimes read through game threads on opponents' forums. I enjoy seeing what they think of the team. It's sometimes tough reading, but some are worse than others.

I looked at the 166-page game thread on tigerdroppings (I started reading at the point in the forum where the second half began), and I promise you 50% of the posts (no exaggeration) are devoted to bad calls / missed calls / Bama paying the refs / refs favoring Bama / the SEC office telling the refs to make sure Bama wins / etc. It's truly pathetic. There were occasional posts from rational folks who really saw what was going on, but not many.
That sounds like our fan base during the 2003-2007 seasons when we were losing 5 straight to LSU. They are fans and fans looks at what their team did wrong and not what the other team did right. We do the same thing when we lose.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

and remember what Coach Bryant said, "In big games, more often than not, one team will actually lose the game more than the other team beats them".
In other words, when you make enough mistakes you get your butt kicked.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010

The obvious explanation is that the game most LSU fans watched was witnessed through blurred and double vision from all of the alcohol they consumed. Heck, they probably don't even remember anything past the coin toss.

Last edited:

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Hey LSU fans, Patches O'Houlihan here with the Five "D's" to being an LSU football fan.

DENIAL,
DELUSIONAL,
DISRESPECTFUL,
DISINGENUOUS, and
DENIAL

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA

Or the block in the back on one of their long returns that got missed. The one that gets me that some of them won't let go of is Losten hitting Norwood where they claim Norwood was not "down".

I think a lot of fans have little understanding about what Olinemen can and cannot do with their hands while blocking. They see hands on their Dlinemen and automatically think holding
That's the truth. Holding is, by far, the most misunderstood penalty in the game.

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL

I mean, we were winning at the end of two quarters too.... :)
I know, y'all, but I was trying to give the corn dogs the benefit of the doubt and give them something to hang their hats on. Look, it's in my nature to compliment even the ugliest girl. ;)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.