Metty's sack Discrepancy on LSUs last drive

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I noticed this too. I wonder if there is some judgment call that's made when a QB tucks the ball and begins to run - it's no longer considered a sack. I don't know, just speculating myself because I noticed the same thing.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I don't know. It sure looked like 4 straight to me. Maybe they didn't call the last one an official sack because I think his own offensive lineman was just bullrushed right back into him and took him down. Krymsonman

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I thought Metty got sacked 4 straight times and Bama only got credited for three. There should have been 5 total sacks in the game. Can anyone tell me why 4 straight sacks were incorrect?!
The first down play lost less than a yard, so some methods call it "no gain" rather than a loss of 1.

I noticed this too. I wonder if there is some judgment call that's made when a QB tucks the ball and begins to run - it's no longer considered a sack. I don't know, just speculating myself because I noticed the same thing.
It's funny because all QBs run for their lives when under heavy pressure and it still counts as a sacks when it's a negative play.

Sent from my iPhone

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I thought Metty got sacked 4 straight times and Bama only got credited for three. There should have been 5 total sacks in the game. Can anyone tell me why 4 straight sacks were incorrect?!
Right. There was an early sack... came right up the middle... maybe Pagan or DePriest. Had a little trouble getting the big QB down, as I recall. I thought there were 5 sacks.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Right. There was an early sack... came right up the middle... maybe Pagan or DePriest. Had a little trouble getting the big QB down, as I recall. I thought there were 5 sacks.
It was DePriest and it was real early in the game. Kind of rode him down vs. blowing him up. Metty is a big guy. Pagan hurt him though.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Yup, it was obvious watching him limp past Les and away from the OLmen as they walked off the field. He was ticked.
This was one of the topics this morning on our local sports talk radio. A lot of the Who callers wanted to know if there was some kind of "rift" going on between the OL and Mett because it was obvious that they weren't going to help him after getting blown up for the fourth/fifth time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.