BCS Countdown. Pollack & Palmer imply Fla St > Bama.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
I know everyone thinks this is crazy, but I still think Florida State will lose a game.
Who will they lose to?
Syracuse - Lost to Ga Tech 56-0 who lost to Miami 45-30 who lost to Florida St 41-14
Idaho - Lost to Ole Miss 59-14, who lost to Bama 25-0
Florida - Lost to Miami 21-16 who lost to Florida State 41-14
Miami again - lost to Va Tech 42-24 who lost to Duke 13-10

That schedule is as soft as cotton.

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
Who will they lose to?
Syracuse - Lost to Ga Tech 56-0 who lost to Miami 45-30 who lost to Florida St 41-14

I agree completely and I really do not understand how they are viewed any different than Ohio State. I think both conferences are weak but in my opinion the B1G > ACC.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I know everyone thinks this is crazy, but I still think Florida State will lose a game.
Free Shoes, Baylor, Ohio State, Fresno State, NIU. Five undefeated teams behind us, screaming for a title shot. I think it's safe to say that the last two will never see the BCSNCG. I would be really surprised if all of the first three make the end of the year unbeaten - I expect one or two to stumble. If you're Stanford or (reaching a bit here) Oregon, there is still yet an outside chance that all three could stub a toe and let your program slip in.

All in all, it's a wee bit early to buy a Bama/FSU BCSNCG T-shirt.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The evidence is there but until FSU does it, I'm not counting on them to be there for NCG. Pollack, I kind of get but why does Palmer have a job in sports anymore?
I don't know but I also guess he thinks wearing major floods is "cool" as well. He was in his usual suit and tie but they showed a full head to toe view on ESPN and his slacks were flooding several inches above his shoes. Look like a freakin' tool bag.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Pollack and Palmer certainly have a right to their opinions. FSU is a very good team. If we get to the BCS National Championship Game and play the Seminoles, I honestly believe it's going to be a very tough game. Of course, I have all the confidence in our Tide to win the game. But FSU is no slouch. It would be close, IMHO.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
FSU would be a very tough game for Bama. Those guys ate entitled to their opinions. I don't like the direction that ESPN college football coverage has gone. Now most of their coverage is just opionated talking heads. Reminds me of most cable news channels now a days.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Flip the schedules and tell me how Florida State would do.

I'm sorry, but it's going to take more than running up points on the Bethune-Cookmans and Idahos.

Who have they played?

Pitt - a sub-.500 (in conference) ACC team
Nevada - (3-7)
Bethune-Cookman - another joke
Boston College - another sub-.500 in conference ACC team
Maryland - 1-4 in ACC, 5-4 overall
Clemson - more on this one in a moment but note that they had an off-week before the game
NC State - a losing record
Miami - a team whose only "big win" (over Florida) was by fewer points than VANDY - and Miami was at home with Vandy in Gainesville
Wake Forest - (2-5 in the Athletically Challenged Conference)

They have NOT ONE team on that resume that equals Va Tech (who btw they don't even play), aTm, or LSU.

I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed with an offense running up big points on nobodies. Boise State has done that.

Their ONE claim to fame? They beat Clemson on the road and pounded them. But this same Clemson barely escaped a slugfest with BC the week earlier while FSU was resting.

Everyone may as well get ready - Florida State is the new Oregon, who the media will pump up into "the team that can maybe beat Alabama." And you know what? Assuming we get there and pound them by about 30 points, then we will be hearing how "Ohio State should have been there."

And btw - they're right. I'm no Buckeyes fan (or esp a Meyer fan) but two straight unbeaten seasons in a major conference - even a watered down one - is not easy. Go check out how many times that's even been done in NCAA history.

Ohio State, not FSU, should be in the on deck circle.
This spot on. After four years of HAVING to talk about Alabama, the national media wants anybody else to win regardless of them actually being a good team.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
FSU's schedule is really not better than Ohio State's schedule. Clemson is the only difference but really Wisconsin would be in a similar spot record-wise if they didn't get jobbed in the Arizona State game. Clemson is better than Wisconsin but it isn't like FSU has played any great teams outside of that game. Miami is garbage and had a similarly light schedule thanks to Florida going down the drain.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Who will they lose to?

Florida State will almost certainly be playing Virginia Tech in the ACC Championship Game.

Georgia Tech will most likely lose to Clemson. Duke will almost certainly lose to Miami. Both Miami and Va Tech are most likely to win out, leaving them tied at the top of their division. Va Tech beat Miami and so they own the tiebreaker.

And if any team in the ACC can beat Florida State, it's the Hokies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.